eBay Pet Peave: Slow Payers (rant)

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
One thing that is really beginning to drive me nuts about eBay is the rash of slow payers I've gotten lately. I sold something a few days ago, and even after sending invoices, I've heard zip, nada from the buyer. This is someone with a lot of feedback too. I doubt they won't pay, they just appear to be the type that takes their sweet ass time. Seems like they have a few comments about that on their feedback.

Maybe it's just me, but I always pay immediately when an auction ends. I think it's the right thing to do, and it gets me my item quicker. What's up with these dillweeds that take 5 fricking days to send a payment by PayPal, and not only that, don't even bother to comunicate with you to let you know they are going to send payment late? How long does it take to just make an eBay payment? Not going to be home for a few days or a week after the auction ends? Fine, how about emailing the seller before you bid and ask if that is even OK? Don't get paid until the 15th when the auction ends on the 11th? Fine, not a huge problem if you plan on paying, but frigging ask first if it is even OK, and don't ignore emails and then offer some stupid excuse when you do finally pay. Ugh!!

I don't want to have to start requiring immediate payment on my auction, but it might come to that.

Colt45

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
some people dont live on the computer. maybe the buyer only has access to a computer at the library ;)

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
The person dragging their feet on me right now has 869 feedbacks. Seems like they spend a fair amount of time in front of the PC.

Still, not an excuse even if that is the case. You know you bought something, frigging pay for it!

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
I hear you. I'm gonna put a big ass notice on all my future auctions that says "If you're not gonna stay on top of this auction, don't bid. If you're not gonna be available when auction ends, don't bid. If you're not gonna pay immediately, don't bid.

For every auction I bid on and won, I pay the second the auction ends, no buts and ifs. Unfortunately, you have a ton of asses out there making excuses about them going on vacation, family deaths, pet got run over by truck, sickness, and all that crap. Man please, if you're gonna make up excuses, just tell me the truth, tell me you don't have the money, you're too effing lazy to follow up on thing, so I can drop your ass and we can both save time.

Ps. This is not to say all sellers are perfect either. I was talking to this ass the other day about a custom order, pay before make product. We were in the final stages discussion and he asked me to confirm the specs so he can send me the invoice so I can paypal him. And that's the last I heard from him. I waited two effing days for his invoice so I can pay his slow ass. Nothing. Then I got news from somebody else he closed shop. No more custom builts. He was too overwhelmed by orders, he decided to close shop and quit. So I thought, WTF, let me check on this fool. Shot an email off, only to get a generic email response in return that says, "we just closed shop, no more orders, bye bye suckas." I'm like, WTF, you prick, you could've at least told me before hand when we were talking about the order 2 days ago. But no, this guy has too much "class" to do that. So professional he is. I'm sorry I ordered anything from him before. Should've given the business to somebody closer to my state. /rant

AdamSnow

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2002
I am experiancing that as well right now... About a week later, she emails me stating "I will mail the money order tomorrow." ugh... now another week or two before I get paid...

I always pay the minute I get the invoice... I get my email no matter where I am, and the minute I get it, it's paid...