eBay or what in the hell

Feb 4, 2009
First let me establish this is not my item for sale
I do not know the seller
I have mod approval to post an eBay link

This item showed up in a carousel type ad in AT for me yesterday.
Which one of you ballers is going to buy it for the low low price of under $80.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Not bad for a kid's art project. The proportions are a little off though, aren't they?

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I left the house yesterday, skated to closest mailbox. On way back I did a double take going by the basketball courts I used to play at... closed now by city edict. I did not spot this girl, spotted her today in my kitchen today (a clipping from somewhere a few years ago):Gril skater with mask.jpg

At the basketball court:

2 Basketball.jpg3 Basketball.jpgBasketball 1.jpg

Reactions: snoopy7548

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
@Muse I fail to understand your sequence of images, and how they relate to one another.

The girl in the clipping does not appear to me to be wearing a mask, rather, blowing a bubble-gum bubble.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
@Muse I fail to understand your sequence of images, and how they relate to one another.

The girl in the clipping does not appear to me to be wearing a mask, rather, blowing a bubble-gum bubble.
Uh, I thought my post made it clear that I skated to the mailbox. Actually, the whole story is that I didn't have a camera when I saw the art on the court. I spotted the photo of the girl today (still looks to me like a mask, but maybe it is bubble gum... your take may be better, you see, I'm color blind! So you spot the color of bubble gum, I do not). I spotted this thread and remembered the court art and thought photos of it would look good in this thread, so walked back and took shots. Hope that's clear.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Wait that randomly showed up in your kitchen? I would be spooked by that.

The basketball court art is kinda neat
Yeah, cool stuff on the court. Amazing, actually. When I went up to take the shots today there was a lady there also taking shots. Not basketball shots, cell phone shots!

No, the shot of the girl I clipped out of a magazine or something a few years ago. There's a bunch of stuff like that in my kitchen... so much that I forget what's there.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I'll offer $1,000 if it includes the court and shipping.
I think you'll have to negotiate with the City of Berkeley, CA. :D

The woman I saw there today taking shots with her cell phone said it has been there for weeks and survived some rain. I don't know what's keeping the guy on the ground up there. I guess they glued the foot to the ground somehow. I suppose it's at least partly paper mache.