Ebay help...

msparish

Aug 27, 2003
I'm in the process of attempting to purchase a guitar for my father. Seller has close to 300 feedback, 99% positive.

I won the item, and made the payment. However, the seller responded the next day saying that his PayPal address has changed, and that I need to cancel the other payment and sent it to a different address. He also said "it is all verified through eBay." I can't find any way to verify the information. Any help?

The previous transaction has been canceled through PayPal.

goog40

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2000
It could be just soneone pretending to be the seller. As long as you only pay through the payment link on the ebay checkout page, I think you should be ok, as it'll direct it to whatever email address he's specified in his ebay account.

It seems strange though, I don't see any reason why he would ask you to send to a different email address since you can have multiple email addresses associated with one paypal account, so he should still get the payment even if its not his main paypal email address.

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
something's fishy.... you are able to have multiple e-mail addresses on your paypal account, in fact, i still have an old one that i stopped using months ago tied to my paypal...

Also, how was he able to cancel the transaction if he no longer uses that account?

NogginBoink

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
I had the same thing happen to me.

It wasn't a great deal of money, so I did follow instructions and did get the goods that I ordered, but I agree... it sure sounds fishy.

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
have him change the paypal address and send another invoice through ebay. it should point to the correct paypal.