eBay Buyer Rant....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Salvador

Diamond Member
May 19, 2001

Spencer278

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2002
Originally posted by: Thegonagle
If the buyer pays "actual" shipping, that doesn't include the box and packing materials.

I have yet to delve into selling on Ebay (or here at FS/FT), but I can see that the box and materials cost could be significant at times.

Most mail-order/online places add a few dollars to "actual" shipping to cover this cost.

IMHO, buyers should have no reason or right to be upset over just one or two dollars added to "actual" shipping. Of course, charging $14 when the postage was $2.50 is out of line.

If you say actual shipping then a buyer has ever right to be upset about your fraud in claiming extra on the shipping. Shipping does not included any of the material or your time.

cavemanmoron

Lifer
Mar 13, 2001
Originally posted by: AlienCraft
Originally posted by: Garet Jax
<RANT Continued>
This guys responds with:

You'd charge me $10 even for Parcel Post???

I have this in the auction:

Auction price does not include $10 2-Day USPS shipping charge (Hawaii and Alaska extra)

This guy is a real numbnuts. Where does it say anything about parcel post? WTH is parcel post anyway?
</RANT Continued>

USPS IS Parcel Post.
Live,
Listen,
Learn......
He's no numbnuts if YOU don't know what Parcel Post is.....

Anandtech has a for sale forum..

Rio Rebel

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I use a fixed charge, too, when selling on ebay (which isn't often, I'll admit.)

It takes my time package and ship items. My time is valuable. If yours isn't, that's your business - but mine IS.

If someone doesn't want to buy my item because they think the shipping is $3 too high, then I don't want to deal with them anyway. I'm not the type of person who is willing to go through hassle over a buck or two, whether it's buying or selling.

With all the people and companies out there charging $20-25 above actual charges, why get ruffled over someone charging a flat $10? I mean, do you really grudge the guy getting an extra 2 or 3 dollars if the shipping works out to his favor?

Mallow

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Drakkon
so long as your not charging $10 and only ending up paying like $2 for actual shipping which is marked on the box....too many sellers have done that to me...saying $10 USPS shipping...me thinking it ment priority...only to have to wait 2 weeks for a parcel post package that was only $2 in shipping :-/ I give jerks like that a neg just cause there inflating there price for no reason....but if ur truely shipping 2 day (priority is 3 day btw...so u better be shipping express :p) the $10 is quiet justified
I wouldn't ever give someone a neg for charging $10 shipping and sending parcel post. Often sellers work a certain amount of profit into their shipping & handling. Unless it says "priority" I would never leave a neg for that reason.

tRaptor

Golden Member
Jul 31, 2002
You think you have it bad, I had this team killing $&#*tard bid on one of my items once:

This is his about me page:
----------NOTICE TO SELLER
THANKS FOR CHECKING ME OUT
I DON'T SELL ITEMS - I ONLY BUY THEM. I BELIEVE BUYERS HAVE EQUAL TO, IF NOT GREATER THAN, RIGHTS SELLERS MAY STATE. I WILL TRY TO COMPLETE TRANSACTIONS IN A PROFESSIONAL AND PLEASANT MANNER WHILE RETAINING MY HEREIN STATED RIGHTS.
STATED BUYER RIGHTS
I WILL NOT ACCEPT WINNING BIDS WHEN SELLER DELAYS SHIPPING MORE THAN TWO DAYS, EXCLUDING WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS. I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE MY ITEM(S) SHIPPED WITH THE SAME PROMPTNESS REQUIRED OF ME FOR PAYMENT. I RECOGNIZE THIS POLICY MAY VOID SOME PURCHASES AND THAT IS ACCEPTABLE TO ME.
---------------------

Not only that, this was his first email to me:

Hey yourself, Tyler.
It's wonderful that I won the 3400. I sincerely appreciate your email chalked full of useful and pertinent information. I'll try to get the ebay checkout completed ASAP. However, because of the holiday it could be any day from Friday to Monday. I'll be sure to let you know when checkout is completed.
Happy Holiday.

Since shipping will be charged at $24.99 I will expect USPS Priority Mail. It's a really good shipping method and you get a free shipping box. Is that cool, or what! Priority Mail is air shipping with less handling and no bouncing trucks to cause damage.
All you'll need do is bubblewrap the 3400, insert it into the free box, seal the box with free tape provided by USPS and label it for shipping. How could shipping ever be more simple and hassle free!
Then you can email the tracking number to me once you return home.
USPS is required as I'm never home to receive any other method of shipping. At least with USPS I can go to my local Post Office on a Saturday to pick up items. It's the only way I can prevent items from being returned to a shipper due no one home to receive. I have a note on my door telling ground delivery companies they do not have permission to leave a package and that has save a lot of headache.
Thanks again for your informative and friendly email. I look forward to completing the transaction and receiving the 3400.
Best regards,

Just a total ass, telling me what to do. I was very mad that he won the auction. Luckily I didnt have a problem with him after i send the thing
I clearly state in my actions SEVERAL times that i MUST have payment In 24-48 hrs. This is not me beeing an ass, its because i am only able to ship items on the weekend becasue of beeing at school, I do it so the buyer dosent have to wait another week. I thing that if your willing to bid on somthing you should know when it ends and be able to pay asap, i always pay within 10 min of mine ending.

Garet Jax

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2000
Originally posted by: AlienCraft USPS IS Parcel Post.
Live,
Listen,
Learn......
He's no numbnuts if YOU don't know what Parcel Post is.....

Man. It's almost as though I personally offended you somehow....

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
you can "block" him from ever bidding on any of your auctions..

just "block" him and be done with it..don't waste the energy getting mad at them...block'em instead..

Garet Jax

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Salvador
Block this idiot from bidding on any of your auctions. Whenever I get an email from a scary looking potential bidder, I always run a search on their feedback record. 9 times out of 10, they have a lousy feedback record or don't have any prior feedback at all. I just put them on my blocked bidder list so they can't bid. My list is pretty long now too.

Just click on continue and then add the buyers username to the list. They won't be able to bid on your auction.

Sal

Sal,

Thanks. I added another guy to this list. He sent a couple of jerk off emails. Still holding out on the first guy to see if he is reasonable or not.