Ebay buyer has negative feedback... should i cancel and relist?

UCDznutz

Banned
May 11, 2002
Okay so before i head out tonight i put my logitech quickcam pro 3000 up for sale on Ebay to see if i can make a few bucks. I set a pretty reasonable buy it now price and make a quick description and then head out. After I get home later in the night, i check my email and see my camera sold. I was thinkin "sweet!" till i saw the guy had a -1 feedback rating. He's already paid with Billpay and its sitting there waiting to get deposited. I'm thinkin i really don't have anything to worry about now since he's already paid, right? Its not going to be deposited into my bank account till the 30th though. Should i wait till then to send it out?

I know i should have put something in my ebay description saying "no 0 or negative feedback bids accepted" or something like that.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Originally posted by: UCDznutz
Okay so before i head out tonight i put my logitech quickcam pro 3000 up for sale on Ebay to see if i can make a few bucks. I set a pretty reasonable buy it now price and make a quick description and then head out. After I get home later in the night, i check my email and see my camera sold. I was thinkin "sweet!" till i saw the guy had a -1 feedback rating. He's already paid with Billpay and its sitting there waiting to get deposited. I'm thinkin i really don't have anything to worry about now since he's already paid, right? Its not going to be deposited into my bank account till the 30th though. Should i wait till then to send it out?

I know i should have put something in my ebay description saying "no 0 or negative feedback bids accepted" or something like that.

I would tell the buyer that you are waiting to ship till you get the money because of the negative feedback.

dman

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
I would see what the negative feedback was. If it was something like he was slow to pay or cancelled his bid then it's not a big deal (cuz you already got paid). If it was he scammed them out of their money somehow, then I'd do what datalink7 said.

vegetation

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
If he paid with an echeck then you should wait for it to clear. If he paid with a credit card, you are obligated by federal law to ship the item out within 48 business hours.

PsychoAndy

Lifer
Dec 31, 2000
Originally posted by: UCDznutz

That doesnt mean squat. People still do what they want. There is NO way of enforcing a "no bidders with negative feedback" policy.

-PAB

vegetation

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
Yep, in fact you probably will attract nut cases to bid on your auction that way just to screw with you. It's like stating " I have perfect feedback with ZERO negatives, bid from me!!" I guarantee you'll be getting a bunch of false negatives real fast.

That doesnt mean squat. People still do what they want. There is NO way of enforcing a "no bidders with negative feedback" policy.

-PAB

BostonRedSoxx

Aug 16, 2002
I always wait to receive payment before shipping any items out. You should make all of your rules clear in your description though. If he's sent payment already, just wait until the 30th, and when you're 100% sure the money is yours without possibility of cancellation, ship out the item. You should email the buyer just to make him aware though.

UCDznutz

Banned
May 11, 2002
Originally posted by: vegetation
If he paid with an echeck then you should wait for it to clear. If he paid with a credit card, you are obligated by federal law to ship the item out within 48 business hours.
i see that he paid by credit card. the billpoint receipt says he paid with visa, and the shipping address matches the billing address.

his negative feedback just says a seller emailed him multiple times for payment but never got any replies. he was pretty quick on my transaction. paid for the item and sent me an email right away. think i'll just go ahead and send it out. i'm being too paranoid with all these fraud and ebay stories i read on ATOT dammit.

dolph

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
no, you're being reasonable in being careful. find out what the policy is with buyers retracting billpoint before you send it, and if it's all good then give him what he bought.

Freejack2

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
:( If I recall correctly billpoint has no protections whatsoever. If the guy's credit card gets charged back 60 days from now, billpoint will pull that amount from your bank account. I could be wrong on this though so check their policies to be sure.