Eating One Time a Day.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
I'm seriously thinking about eating one huge meal and supplementing my diet with 2-3 nutritious snacks.

That would be:

1) Nutribullet Morning
2) Large Meal Late Afternoon (1200 plus calories)
3) 2-3 Nutritious Snacks (almonds, peanut butter, yogurt, etc)

Does anyone do the one large meal a day? The reason is eating takes too much time, so if I can eat 1 large meal instead of the 2-3 smaller meals I can gain more time during the day.

mike8675309

Jul 17, 2013
I do two meals a day as part of an intermittent fasting idea. I break fast at 1pm with about 900-1200kcal of food and then make up the remaining 1200-1800 in some snacks and a big dinner. I finish eating by 8pm. So I fast from 8pm to 1pm each day.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012

I've seriously thought about doing this. Have you done it? I've seen the reviews on YT and they are mixed. The biggest issue is you're not chewing your meal. I just don't know. Too chicken to try it I guess.

If like to hear some feedback. Gas anyone tried Solvent? Is it worth it?

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
I do two meals a day as part of an intermittent fasting idea. I break fast at 1pm with about 900-1200kcal of food and then make up the remaining 1200-1800 in some snacks and a big dinner. I finish eating by 8pm. So I fast from 8pm to 1pm each day.

I was doing intermittent fasting for a bit but my issue is I like to drink my Nutribullet in the morning. IMO, doing the Nutribullet is a great way to start the day. When I do it I use...

*2 handful spinach/kale
*1/4 cup frozen fruit
*1 frozen banana
*1 scoop of Amazing Grass
*1/4 teaspoon grape seed

It's good stuff. Keeps me engerized.

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
I've seriously thought about doing this. Have you done it? I've seen the reviews on YT and they are mixed. The biggest issue is you're not chewing your meal. I just don't know. Too chicken to try it I guess.

never tried but would if it were cheaper. I'm a cheap ass. the macro mix is a bit odd to me though.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
If you are trying to lose weight, someone might argue it makes more sense to eat your largest meal first. I had a professor do that...he basically ate large meals early and then tried not to eat past 6pm. That kept him from sleeping on a full stomach.

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
I eat a small breakfast - bowl of cereal, a big lunch, and then somewhere in the middle a dinner. But I workout in the evenings and usually eat to supplement those before/during/or after, at least a little bit. That pattern with good exercise helped me lost 55 lbs. Office job.

poofyhairguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2005
I eat one solid meal a day sometimes. I eat at lunch with a smoothie or juice for breakfast and dinner.

Ancalagon44

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2010
I do intermittent fasting during the week. I break my fast at around 6PM when I get home from work. I continue eating until about 8:30PM. I don't eat any food outside of that window.

When I do weightlifting during the week, I do it in the mornings. So, I'll have a protein shake after lifting weights, but then still fast until 6PM.

You get used to eating a lot of food at once. I don't really see it as one meal, its like eating a whole lot of plates of food in relatively quick succession.

It simplifies my life a great deal and I find I don't really miss eating during the day. I eat healthier because I have more time to make proper food in the evenings. My energy levels are constant the whole day. AND, you really look forward to breaking your fast! Its a great end to the day, to get home and finally be able to eat.

Reactions: CalebRockeT

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004

I've done Soylent. It's like drinking sandy cardboard...removes hunger, gives you 100% nutrition, reasonably priced, no cooking required. Bonus, it makes real food taste more awesome. My buddy has been on it for 2 or 3 years now & has it for breakfast & lunch, and then has a regular dinner. Very easy to control calories with it. Pretty bland-tasting, but not bad-tasting. You can flavor it up if you want. The big thing is that it's just very convenient nutrition. Figure out your macros & then drink what you need.

gradoman

Mar 19, 2007
I go with the huge breakfast - around 1000 calories - and eat less during the remainder of the day with smaller meals around 600 x 2 calories. I guess it depends on how you feel and how and when you're hungriest. I'm good even after working out on the 600 calorie meal after working out in the evening. Not sure if it's ideal, but yeah. I personally don't have the power if I don't eat twice before going to the gym. I've tried having the large meal after working out in the evening for about 6 months and decided to try just delaying breakfast til around noon so that my meals are closer to the afternoon, evening hours and it seems to work better for me.

I say play around with the timing and size to find what works for you.

mike8675309

Jul 17, 2013
The benefit of extending the breakfast is that your body has already put itself into a fat burning mode through your fast during sleep. In the first few hours of your sleep your digestion completes and your body stores or uses whatever it needs from what you ate. In the last few hours of your sleep your body has exhausted the dietary intake and has transitioned to unlocking stored fat and starts using that for cellular needs.
Extending the period when your body is using these stored fats for energy is the key to getting leaner on an intermittent fast either by using extended fast periods or eating regular a couple days and then one day of fasting.