Eating near the computer

fake

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
How many of you eat near the computer constantly? I find myself doing it more and more .. ugh, my keyboard and mouse are feelin it too.

Farbio

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2000
all the time, usually just some skittles and coke or water, so nothing to sticky or messy

bigben

Jan 8, 2000
A good friend of mine's cat pees on his computer and his desk, and because his work is VERY computer related, he gets screwed by having to stop and clean cat piss that is dripping everywhere

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
Wow thats where I eat most of mine at...full meals too. Cleaning rice out of the keyboard is such a pain =)

4824guy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I usually eat small things and drink there, not a full meal on a plate deal. But I guess it depends on if the PC is on a big desk or not.

<< A good friend of mine's cat pees on his computer and his desk, and because his work is VERY computer related, he gets screwed by having to stop and clean cat piss that is dripping everywhere >>

Yuk, that is one reason I don't like cats

CinderElmo

Jun 23, 2000
I still eat at the keyboard, but drinking I have tried to curb a bit after I had one of those 32oz cups with an open top sitting on my desk full of water...and I knocked it over. The water made a path next to my computer (I keep it on the desk top) and so I thought I was safe. Unfortunately I heard it splashing on something underneath my desk. Turns out the whole cup went right into my Altec Lansing subwoofer... :frown:

Thing still works, but there is some strange reverb now.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Yeah, just got a pizza from the oven.. so HELL YEAH :)

edit.
maybe I shouldnt, I just took my first bite and I bit my lip.. and I´m bleeding... maybe I´ll die here.

Wangel

Banned
Mar 30, 2000
I do too. Once when eating some sunflower seeds, a whole handful got dropped on the keyboard. For some time pressing the keys made a 'crunchy' noise. Some are still in there now!

snow patrol

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2000
Oh yes, and how. I'll literally eat anything near the computer - cereal, toast, pizza, crisps...anything I'd eat at the dinner table I'll eat at the computer :)

Train

Lifer
Jun 22, 2000
www.bing.com
my roomate spilled 12 ounces of beer onto my keyboard last year, we didnt know what happened until about a day later i lifted it up and warm flat beer went all over the floor.

RJRD2

Mar 10, 2000
I eat near my comp too...you could turn my keyboard upside down and all the crumbs that fell out would amount to a small snack..

I destroyed my last keyboard with food. It was just so full of, as the Bundy's might call &quot;toaster leavuns,&quot; that some keys wouldn't type. I tried to clean it out, but broke it:). Not that I learned my lesson or anything, I still eat more here than at the dinner table.

Phalkon

Banned
Aug 20, 2000
My keyboard tray becomes a very handy dinner tray when I adjust my keyboard vertically :)

Edit: And I clean the innards of my keyboard every 2 months :) I'm pro at it now!

RSI

Diamond Member
May 22, 2000
I eat at my computer whenever I feel like it... Everything is still perfectly clean, though.

Killbat

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2000
I don't understand. I eat everything at my computer (just finished some pizza, in fact), yet I have NEVER harmed the computer. I have never ruined a keyboard or any other peripheral. Is it just me, or is everyone else around here just clumsy? :)

fake

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I've never ruined anything, but my keyboard and mouse are sorta grimey until i clean them. Also, my desk is full of coke cans and whatnot :( I'm almost done with my new box and contemplating a self imposed ban on food near the computer .. but I doubt I can hold up for more than a couple days.