Eat like the President!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kn51

Aug 16, 2012
Went to a hibachi restaurant last month. One of those that do tricks, make bad jokes, etc. while cooking food.

Anyways another party were seated with us. One person in that party said "well done" for their strip steak (or it could have been a ribeye) and the chef said "Oh, so you want shoe leather." After done cooking he slaps it on her plate and says "Here is your shoe leather."

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Went to a hibachi restaurant last month. One of those that do tricks, make bad jokes, etc. while cooking food.

Anyways another party were seated with us. One person in that party said "well done" for their strip steak (or it could have been a ribeye) and the chef said "Oh, so you want shoe leather." After done cooking he slaps it on her plate and says "Here is your shoe leather."

Haha nice. The last time I went to a hibachi place I ordered my steak rare and it was so good.

kn51

Aug 16, 2012
My ex-boss took me to Ruth's Chris. Granted, not like Peter Luger level but quite a step beyond Outback.

He orders a steak well done. I about crawled under the table.

Funny thing is his son cooks steaks medium rare. Like myself he probably got tired of the old mentality of cooking everything so it hits the temperature of the sun to make sure it is safe.

Meanwhile I can die eating a god dang salad. Absurdity.