Easy to install cooler advice needed...

Feb 20, 2013
Below is the build I am about to purchase. I've seen some videos of certain coolers that are quite a pain to install. Can someone recommend an easy one? My build is below... Thanks!!!

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB Video Card
Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Rosewill Capstone 650W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM)

SpeedTester

Mar 18, 2001
Below is the build I am about to purchase. I've seen some videos of certain coolers that are quite a pain to install. Can someone recommend an easy one? My build is below... Thanks!!!

Are you going to be overclocking? Are you building the rest of the system yourself, because if you are the cooling is pretty easy to install.

Let us know your intentions and we will recommend you a cooler. Also include your budget.

Feb 20, 2013
Yes, I plan to overclock although I am a total newb and am still learning about it. I'm hoping to spend less than $40-50. Is that possible?

Last edited:

lehtv

Elite Member
Dec 8, 2010
Your board with only 4-phase CPU power would not much benefit from a cooler better than a Hyper 212 Evo worth $33, so that's all I recommend spending.

You'll be able to get 4.2 GHz by just turning up the turbo multiplier to 42 and leaving all other settings to default. It's a piece of cake, takes two minutes to accomplish. If you want to fine tune the voltage you may do so by lowering the offset voltage and stress testing the overclock until you find the lowest stable voltage. But it'd be mostly a waste of time since the return in practical benefit would be nil.

With a bit of a voltage boost the 212 Evo can theoretically handle up to 4.4GHz or so but that would require more testing and you'd probably never notice a difference between 4.2 and 4.4.