Easy poll- If eligible are you voting in the national elections?

Voting this election?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Absolutely.

If you're reading P&N then you must care. If you care but don't like the two lead !@#holes, then vote AGAINST them. It is an option, there are alternatives, but not voting is in their favor.

Piece by piece, bit by bit, throw your support against them, don't just let them win by default without dissent. It is your duty to vote.

Emos

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2000
Yes. I'm in a swing state so my vote might actually be worth something...not that I'm thrilled with either candidate.

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
Voted by mail last week, vote won't count for the pres. election for shit but maybe the senate, house and local votes will do some good

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I vote in all elections as it is the duty of citizens in a democratic republic. Standing on the sidelines is not an option, unless you like other people choosing your destiny.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
I'll be voting Libertarian in the Presidential election this year, but mostly Republican except for that. I haven't missed a vote in almost 40 years.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
If you're reading P&N then you must care.

I read P&N strictly to kill time. I am voting as well though, and agree about third parties. Giving support to a third party at least gives a message to those who are running what you want to be supported. If 5% vote for a particular third party, that's 5% of the vote a candidate could shoot for next election by adopting policies that appease those votes.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
If the voting machines are out of storage, I'm standing in front of it to vote.
If there was an election to see who would be the grounds keeper at the DMV for the next 2 years I'd show up to vote.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Yeah. Frankly I don't understand anyone who frequents a political discussion board not voting. I guess there are a few, but most of us are political junkies no matter which side, if any, we're on.