easy pc card games (hearthstone, etc)

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
pc card battle games are designed to be time or money sinks. There won't be an 'easy' one that is online multiplayer because they are designed to be online multipayer. That's not to say they aren't good, but easy they ain't and you either have to buy all the good cards outright (and then learn to actually play them correctly) or start at the bottom with the no frill cards and grind your way to better cards. Either way...not easy. Hearthstone is a free way to dip your toes into it though.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
What do you mean by easy? Hearthstone is "easy" to play, but you need to spend $$$$ to get a good collection of cards if you are starting new. Do you just mean cheap?

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
Every card game, be it real or digital, is a money sink. None of them are especially hard. Just require learning how to build a deck, and certain cards work for/against others, and most of all, lots of money.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Even card games in real life are huge money sinks. What makes anyone think the digital card games won't be the same thing?

As for card games, I really enjoyed Gwent while playing Witcher 3 and if I remember right, they made a standalone card game. Card games aren't my thing, so if you're interested, look it up - though I'm pretty sure it will be another money sink.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Even card games in real life are huge money sinks. What makes anyone think the digital card games won't be the same thing?

As for card games, I really enjoyed Gwent while playing Witcher 3 and if I remember right, they made a standalone card game. Card games aren't my thing, so if you're interested, look it up - though I'm pretty sure it will be another money sink.

https://www.playgwent.com/en

Yep they did and it's free to play (meaning they make money when you buy cards of course). What I like about it is how bluffing is important. Some cards can render units ineffective so throwing out your best cards and showing your hand is not wise.

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Well, not exactly a card game as much as a deck builder game, "Slay the Spire" can be both easy and brutally hard at the same time. It is still in open access/development, but available on Steam. I would go watch some YouTube footage as there have been plenty of people posting streams from it. It is not really multiplayer (yet), and is more of a survival type dungeon run. Again, easy to play, but can be hard (with some almost impossible bad luck type fights), however can be fun to see if you can survive.

akenbennu

Jul 24, 2005
Eternal is an excellent FtP Magic style card game. Looks for it on Steam and Google Play/iOS store. Just came out of early access.