easier way to floss your teeth? who here flosses everynight?

skim milk

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2003
I hardly ever floss but I need to.

I came across the "clean-between" informercial which looked pretty useful but after reading reviews online, I won't be purchasing it. Any other products similar to a electronic flosser that actually works??

Do you guys floss everynight?

:beer:

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
use oral-b super-duper eletric toothbrush. Has little flossy thing that get in your gums.

also floss frequently using the little floss sticks.

Ogg

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2003
Originally posted by: fritolays

Do you guys floss everynight?

:beer:

yeah sure we do
rolleye.gif
:p

neutralizer

Lifer
Oct 4, 2001
Floss is annoying maybe I floss every month, but my soniccare toothbrush seems to take care of things stuck between teeth pretty well.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: fritolays
Originally posted by: ElFenix
i have the reach floss thingy, makes it really easy to floss the back teeth.

nice, i think I'm gonna purchase that...

how long does the refill heads last?

i only use them once and then toss em. i suppose i might get two or even three uses out of them before the thing snaps. but i haven't tried.

dolph

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
just force yourself to floss every day. after a few weeks, it becomes habit. flossing is now as natural a part of brushing my teeth as putting on socks is to shoes.

TheWart

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2000
i have to floss every nite. brought up that way and its a (good) habit now. especially since my parents sacrificed and got me braces so i got nice pearlies.

bigalt

Golden Member
Oct 12, 2000
i floss every night. it's about a 10 minute process for me, i grab a chunk and go plop down in front of the tv. sometimes i forgot about it and it just sits there hanging out of my mouth for a few minutes.

anyway it's a relatively painless (though mildly disgusting for the people around me) process.

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Definitely the Reach Access flosser thing. I used to use the short handled ones, but I like this better because I don't slobber all over and because it's faster to use.

AlienCraft

Lifer
Nov 23, 2002
everynight. I can't stand it when something gets stuck between my teeth and I dislodge it later and I can smell it.... :disgust: ewwwww...... Lister is a muthaF&*^!$ bacteria.....

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
I've never flossed in my life. I started once, but decided it was a waste of time. Bring on the gum disease. I dont nearly brush my teeth enough either. Maybe once a day if im lucky.

Gravity

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2003
I floss each night. In addition to keeping your breath fresh, flossing also helps prevent heart disease. Honest!

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I brush and floss after every meal. It's easy when eating at home. Of course, you have to wait if you're dining out.

The in addition to removing food particles between your teath, the other reason for flossing is to prevent forming plaque that develops within fifteen minutes. Flossing loosens and breaks up the particles before it attaches firmly to the tooth enamel. Regular flossing can prevent serious gum disease, as well as some causes of tooth decay and bad breath. Read up on it.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
I floss about twice a week (more often if some food is actually stuck in my teeth). My teeth are so close together (years of dental work as a child) that normal floss cannot fit between my teeth. The only thing that ever works is Glide floss. I'd never recommend anything else to anyone. Teflon > wax coating.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: bootymac
I have braces, so it's more of a b!tch to floss

I wore braces for 3 years and flossed every day. You just have to find a floss that doesn't fray, and get good at threading it between the wire and the tooth.

BullsOnParade

Golden Member
Apr 7, 2003
flossing and good dental hygine can add 6 years to your life.
dental bacteria and plaque can aggrivate heart disease because
of the highly vascular nature of your mouth.

and you don't really need fancy dodads to floss, just your fingers and
roll of floss.