Early buid of GTA V PC leaks, get it before it's taken down!

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
*takes snapshot of VM*

Let's see what this is about. Just as I suspected and why I'm glad I don't pirate games.

Last edited:

KidNiki1

Platinum Member
Oct 15, 2010
I can't read it; what was the result? lol

here ya go

Many users are clearly eager to get their hands on Grand Theft Auto V, even more so when it comes to the PC. So much so, that thousands of players are willing to download a huge 18GB file that promised to be the game, then install it, then wonder why their computers are pillaged by viruses.

Are these people idiots? No doubt about it! Downloading a torrent of a game that hasn’t even been announced for PC, let alone released is madness. Yet for all their foolishness, these fools were fooled by the best as the torrent in question not only looked like a legit file, but also acted like one. It was verified, has a high SEO ranking (comes out near the top on Google search) and the installer looked legit right up until the last moment when it asks you to fill out your private details on a website in return for a serial key.

Of course when you complete your 18GB download, hand over your private data and allow what I can only assume to be 18GB of spyware to run loose on your system, you still don’t get to play GTA V PC… why am I not surprised. I also suspect Rockstar might not be in such a rush to pull this one from download sites, it’s the ultimate honey pot and I’m amazed people fell for it.

Lesson of the day: If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

OCNewbie

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2000
I bet their systems were just too slow to run it. I'm gonna go get it and rock some PC GTA V!

JeffMD

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2002
The high res textures own, travor in his underwear has never looked so sexy!

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
As I said it's legit. Have any doubts ? It's running at 5fps on the rig in my sig. Definitely GTA V on PC.

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
As I said it's legit. Have any doubts ? It's running at 5fps on the rig in my sig. Definitely GTA V on PC.

Lol. Didn't they refuse to put Red Dead Redemption on PC because it was so badly coded, it would have to be completely rewritten. Rockstar needs to hire better programmers. ^_^

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Hah, stupid thieves! "I'm entitled to play their game. The world owes me" BOOM HD FRAG!!

JeffMD

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2002
I will not be surprised at the worst, but considering the performance increase on consoles from 4 to 5 is nothing short of amazing, and I am expecting the pc version to do the same.

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
I don't know if it's necessarily entitlement or just wanting the game now and not six months down the road. :p

Probably a little from column A and a little from column B. Leaks of the games files have all but confirmed a PS4 and PC version are in the works.

The big lesson here kids is don't torrent. Let some other poor sucker torrent it for you and be the guinea pig. Then when all is safe, get them to put it on a USB stick for you. :biggrin:

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Thanks! This game looks phenominal on PC. My only complaint is that SLI isn't working quite right. Now to find time to actually play it.

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
What would be interesting (from a legal perspective) is if Rockstar was actually behind the development/distribution. Yes, people were attempting to commit a crime by downloading the file, but would that excuse a game developer from wreaking havoc on someone's system through falsely-labeled viruses?