Ear wax buildup

johnjohn320

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2001
Sounds a lot grosser than it is, but I'm one of those people that from time to gets an excessive amount of wax built up *inside the canal* that hardens. Eventually it starts to hurt/make hearing difficult, and when this happens the doctor just water syringes it out. Kinda like douching for my ear. Afterwards, hey, I can hear again. And no, the wax is never visible to the naked eye. ;)

Anyway, I'm getting tired of going to the doctor everytime this happens (every 12-18 months). Anybody know of a "home way" to do this. Seems like it would be impossible to do to yourself...

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
I have a wax pick that ive been using for years. Just gota be careful of not poking your ear drums

Jun 4, 2005
Originally posted by: AznAnarchy99
I have a wax pick that ive been using for years. Just gota be careful of not poking your ear drums

You're not supposed to stick things in your ear like that.

Ricemarine

Lifer
Sep 10, 2004
Hydrogen Peroxide. Or those ear tips that hurt if you keep bashing your ear drum with it (hence why it's not a good idea for another person to do it for you)

maxcaleb

Aug 6, 2007
You can buy a rubber bulb syringe and wax softener combo at places like Target. You have to be patient and really blast the warm water in there at different angles, but it definitely works.

jinduy

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
Originally posted by: LoKe
Originally posted by: AznAnarchy99

You're not supposed to stick things in your ear like that.

why not? i shove my pinky in the ear all the time!

maxcaleb

Aug 6, 2007
Forgot to mention, DO NOT stick things in your ear to clean them or scrape wax out, you will only impact the wax (or hurt yourself).