EA Sports NHL 94: Sega Genesis or SNES?

brigden

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2002
By far the best game we owned for the Genesis was NHL 94. I recently played the game on an emulator and it was still awesome fun; a lot better than many of today's, more sophisticated games. Anyway, I've decided to pick up the original, but I don't have a Genesis, only an SNES. I've never played the SNES version, so I have no comparison.

What should I do?

raystorm

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: isekii
Genesis was such a POS. From controller ergonomics to game response.

I dont think so.. the 6 button genesis pad is far more comfortable to me (now if you meant the old 3 button pad then I would agree that its crap). Not sure I understand the game response comment.

I love the genesis and snes to death, but I'm more of a genesis fan due to being a huge Sega fan.. well..old school Sega fan, I'm not keen on the stuff they've been making the past couple of years. Give me Space Harrier, Out Run, Shinobi, Golden Axe and Fantasy Zone anyday over the dull stuff they've been making lately (though I LOVE Virtua Figther 4).

oh... to stay on topic, I found the genesis EA sports games to be best. They were typically smoother and more responsive over their snes counterparts, but thats just me.

raystorm

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: AmericasTeam
I remember when the game Blades of Steel first came out. That game was the $hit.

Absolutely!!! Also had that little gradius minigame during the intermissions right?

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: AmericasTeam
I remember when the game Blades of Steel first came out. That game was the $hit.
HIT THE PUCK !

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
I think Genesis always made better sports games than Super NES.

The NBA Live Games were the best games ever on Genesis.

FrogDog

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2000
I've played that game for both systems extensively, and even though SNES is a way better system, it's better for the Genesis.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
The SNES is a more powerful box on paper, and as a result, the SNES version is a bit better graphics wise and sound wise. You're better off with the SNES version.

PTCvette

Banned
Sep 26, 2002
Genesis version is much better. I have both. I like Madden on the SNES better, but NHL on Genesis is best! Plus, you can pick up a Genesis at Funcoland/EB Games/etc for cheap, and then you can enjoy games like Splatterhouse as well! :)

Jeff