EA/Origin $5 sale - right now through 7/31

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Krakn3Dfx

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2000
Good deals, especially on the Battlefield stuff. It's a shame they never released the Paradhise Big Surf Island DLC on the PC, I think that's way more annoying than Origin, which I've been fine with.

I'm pretty sure using Origin is what got me an invite to the Battlefield 3 Alpha Test :)

Ben90

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2009
Lol, my name on Origin is Orgin_EatsPoop

*edit*
Confirmed that you can uninstall Origin and still play BFBC2. Horray!

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2008
I might be interested in some of the racing games if I wasnt so lousy at them. However, I already have too many old, cheap games on steam that I haven't played or finished yet.

BTW, does anybody know or care to speculate if Mass Effect 3 will require Origin for digital download, or will it be on steam??

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I might be interested in some of the racing games if I wasnt so lousy at them. However, I already have too many old, cheap games on steam that I haven't played or finished yet.

BTW, does anybody know or care to speculate if Mass Effect 3 will require Origin for digital download, or will it be on steam??

So far all of the recent bioware titles have been on Steam as well.