tweakboy

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2010
www.hammiestudios.com

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
They're.

I've never had Steam bog anything down for me, and my computer is pretty crappy. You would prefer Origin?

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
I hate steam, I uninstalled it, just had GTA4 and Team Fortress on it. Not worth it I hate it, its resource hungry and I dislike it. Why you have to launch a stupid app to play the game, which is why I buy games from the store and not steam.

If you do not launch steam on a regular basis, it can use a lot of resources as its updating. Just let it do its thing and let steam update.

With piracy and DRM like what it is, would you rather use Windows Live for DRM, or how about activation limits, or an always on internet connection?

Steam is the least intrusive DRM platform out there.

If you do not use steam, then you do not play any Valve games made after half-life 2, blackops,,,, or dozens of other steamworks games.

Red Hawk

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2011
http://www.guru3d.com/news/ea-and-valve-in-latestage-talks-to-get-battlefield-3-to-steam/

I hate steam, I uninstalled it, just had GTA4 and Team Fortress on it. Not worth it I hate it, its resource hungry and I dislike it. Why you have to launch a stupid app to play the game, which is why I buy games from the store and not steam.

I sure hope BF3 doesn't make it into steam!! their money hungry people!

D: :thumbsdown:

No it isn't...heck, even my PC doesn't notice it.

EA's set to require the same thing on Battlefield 3 with its Origin service. Anyways, I view the ability to play games without the disc and installing them on as many computers as I like worth it.

And lol. That's why they have huge sales every so often, and made the DLC for their current flagship title -- Portal 2 -- free. And it's why they keep PC game prices at $50-40 while EA inflated their PC game prices to $60. Cuz that's how a money-hungry people operate, right?

But why does this matter to you, anyways? Whatever happens, it's not going to be a Steamworks game that requires Steam to be installed and running to play. Just buy it on disc and let Steam users by it from Steam if they want.

Last edited:

CurseTheSky

Diamond Member
Oct 21, 2006
Um... if it's on Steam, won't you still be able to go buy a boxed copy and play it without Steam as usual? Unless I'm missing something here that states BF3 will be sold exclusively on Steam, this shouldn't affect you.

Personally, I hope that it does. My Steam library keeps my house from being cluttered with game boxes and game DVDs.

jjj807

Jun 20, 2004
close this mods, OP likes to stir it up on the forums I've noticed.

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
The funniest part is that his computer supposedly lags because of Steam.

Thats like saying that task manager lags your computer

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Omfg awesome news!! I really want BF3 on steam, i dont want to have to use fking origin. Steam starts with windows on my rig anyways so this would be convenient for me.

tweakboy

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2010
www.hammiestudios.com
If you do not launch steam on a regular basis, it can use a lot of resources as its updating. Just let it do its thing and let steam update.

With piracy and DRM like what it is, would you rather use Windows Live for DRM, or how about activation limits, or an always on internet connection?

Steam is the least intrusive DRM platform out there.

If you do not use steam, then you do not play any Valve games made after half-life 2, blackops,,,, or dozens of other steamworks games.

I hear you, I like the points your making...Maybe I just woke up on the wrong side of bed today...

TheUnk

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2005
Word is that even it it makes it to Steam you will still be required to have Origin to run the game.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
I hear you, I like the points your making...Maybe I just woke up on the wrong side of bed today...

Thank you.

To be honest and all things aside, no other program out there offers options like Steam:

Great sales
Friends list with chat
Community profiles
Community pages for groups
Availability of old games

There are a lot of people out there that hate steam. A buddy of mine even accused steam of being a virus and crashing his computer. But I think he was looking for something to complain about.

My son and my daughter have their own steam accounts. With the steam sales and packages, its easy to send my son or daughter a gift through steam, as compared to having to buy the games and wait for a disk to be delivered.

As a parent, I find steam to be an easy solution to manage my kids games.

oogabooga

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2003

That's the way they made the game?

There's conflicting reports about this, but I believe they have stated origin will need to be running in order to play BF3, even through other digital distribution systems?