E-mails indicate EPA suppressed report skeptical of global warming

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 30, 2006
Originally posted by: eskimospy
Originally posted by: Doc Savage Fan

Eskimospy, it's now painfully obvious that you have absolutely no clue as to what you're talking about. GCR theory has not been debunked. The solar/climate link is significant and now widely known and accepted...research is currently focusing on details of the mechanism and the magnitude on our climate. Perhaps you should consider staying on the sidelines when this topic is discussed in the future and avoid further embarrassment and public display of your abject ignorance on the subject.

Edit: typos

Doc, we've talked about this all before. You're full of shit. I've showed you how you are full of shit, and how your conclusions are completely unwarranted from the research. Now you're attempting to strawman my former arguments in a pathetic attempt to get over your extreme butthurt from me constantly showing you up. This is why I do not discuss things with you, and it is why I say you are immune to reason.

I for one was just content that you had stopped following me from thread to thread pulling on my shirtsleeve looking for attention, now that I made the mistake of giving you some I've remembered why I told you to get fucked to begin with.
ROFL?you're too funny. I back up my arguments in great detail and have given you every opportunity to make rational counter-arguments. Failing in that...you now have nowhere to turn except to resort to empty 'cry baby' rhetoric and run away like a child. Go ahead?take your ball and go home little boy...tell your mommy how mistreated you were?so sad?so so sad. Here's a :cookie: ...maybe this will make you all feel better.

Nov 30, 2006
Originally posted by: NeoV
- snip -
Your quoting a 2 year old article referencing the Sloan and Wolfendale study which I've already discussed 2 posts above yours and in much more detail in the link you'll find nested in that post. I won't rehash...but if you find a flaw in my argument...please let me know.

In recent years there have been significant advances in our understanding of how our climate is affected by the sun and cosmic rays. Please read Jasper Kirkby's 2008 paper that I linked above. This guy is one of the world's leading experts in particle physics...he says:

"Over the last few years, however, diverse reconstructions of past climate change have revealed clear associations with cosmic ray variations recorded in cosmogenic isotope archives, providing persuasive evidence for solar or cosmic ray forcing of the climate."

"Considerable progress on understanding ion-aerosol-cloud processes has been made in recent years, and the results are suggestive of a physically-plausible link between cosmic rays, clouds and climate."

There's research currently underway at CERN which will gives us answers regarding details of the GCR mechanism and potential magnitute on our climate. Those who say that there's no GCR link should be viewed sceptically based on Kirkby's comments alone. Also, CERN clearly wouldn't waste their time and millions of dollars to research a whimsical theory. The evidence for a significant GCR link is compelling.

I'm glad to see this guy at the EPA stand up and shout the truth...that the science is not settled on this subject.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
this is good. it's going to establish legal framework for litigation against gore and his accomplices for perpetrating a hoax and a fraud. gore will be sharing a cell with bernie madoff.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Maybe someone can tell me why that "scientist" hasn't been fired yet, and why I as taxpayer have to pay his salary so he can cut and paste right wing think tank articles into reports he writes?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: eskimospy

Eskimospy, it's now painfully obvious that you have absolutely no clue as to what you're talking about. GCR theory has not been debunked. The solar/climate link is significant and now widely known and accepted...research is currently focusing on details of the mechanism and the magnitude on our climate. Perhaps you should consider staying on the sidelines when this topic is discussed in the future and avoid further embarrassment and public display of your abject ignorance on the subject.

Edit: typos

Doc, we've talked about this all before. You're full of shit. I've showed you how you are full of shit, and how your conclusions are completely unwarranted from the research. Now you're attempting to strawman my former arguments in a pathetic attempt to get over your extreme butthurt from me constantly showing you up. This is why I do not discuss things with you, and it is why I say you are immune to reason.

I for one was just content that you had stopped following me from thread to thread pulling on my shirtsleeve looking for attention, now that I made the mistake of giving you some I've remembered why I told you to get fucked to begin with.
ROFL?you're too funny. I back up my arguments in great detail and have given you every opportunity to make rational counter-arguments. Failing in that...you now have nowhere to turn except to resort to empty 'cry baby' rhetoric and run away like a child. Go ahead?take your ball and go home little boy...tell your mommy how mistreated you were?so sad?so so sad. Here's a :cookie: ...maybe this will make you all feel better.

Wow, your feelings really ARE hurt. I have to say, I take a little pride in that. :)

My post specifically mentioned that I already have rebutted your arguments in detail, but you just ignored that which you found inconvenient. That's what happens when someone is blinded by ideology as you and IGBT are.

Nov 30, 2006
Doc - a more recent study and article to consider:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/re...08/12/081217075138.htm

and another, even more recent

http://www.sciencedaily.com/re...09/05/090511122425.htm
Considered.

And how many more papers that indicate a significant GCR link exists do you want me to point to for your consideration? I've quoted the words of one of the world's most preeminent scientists on particle physics for you to consider. Does any of this matter to you? My point is this...the science is not settled. In the next few years we'll know a lot more about GRC and the potential magnititude of it's impact on our climate. The theory has substantial merit and should be studied. Agree?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

The scientific consensus is in: human-produced carbon dioxide is causing a rise in temperatures across the planet.

Bottom line is Earth is losing it's atmoshere.

End game

Fear mongering, color me shocked!