E-mail Forwarding freaks!

Rackem

Feb 12, 2002
Somebody please side with me! I am ready to go off on some forward-freaks!

I have something to say. I will try to say it in the simplest (easiest) of terms (words).

1) Hotmail does have a problem with overcrowding. Their solution (answer) is to delete (get rid of) accounts inactive (not checked) for 30 days (or ~1 month). They will NOT delete (get rid of) your account unless you check your mail like ONCE in every 5 weeks. In summarization (so the point is), Hotmail will not delete (get rid of) your account for not forwarding an e-mail.

2) When Hotmail sends its users a message, it's an official (real-looking) Hotmail news message. It's never in the form of a forward. I DON'T have to say to myself, 'Dang, I'm glad I know [insert name here]! If he/she hadn't forwarded me that message, Hotmail would have deleted (got rid of) my account!' In summarization (so the point is), Hotmail will not delete (get rid of) your account for not forwarding an e-mail.

3) Microsoft is a very wealthy (rich) company. They have the latest in technology to work with (their computers could kick our computers' asses) so they don't need a forward to tell them how many people check their e-mail. Hotmail knows everything about you and your account. In summarization (so the point is), Hotmail will not delete (get rid of) your account for not forwarding an e-mail.

Need I repeat myself again? If I receive (get) another e-mail telling me that Hotmail will erase (get rid of) my account if I don't forward the message to 20 people, I am going to...nevermind.. I'm not even going to waste my time on somebody who actually thinks that this is real.

Oh, and forward this to everyone you know
rolleye.gif

BillGates

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2001
The female species is the only reason those things exist, and are passed on, I swear to god.

Rackem

Feb 12, 2002
Oh, Rackem, is of the female species. Even though I received that particular e-mail from a female, I have received equally stupid "my child is dying of cancer and we get 25 cents for each time this is forwarded" e-mails from members of the male species.

wnied

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
How hard is it to erase those messages and setup your spam filter to block out unwanted mail???

Saves me the time of reading your antithesis of a post.
~wnied~

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I agree. AS*HOLES who keep sending forwards like "Send this because AOL and Microsoft and your mom's barber are checking to see how many times it is forwared" should be shot dead, unceremoniously, and no burial given.

Then there are the ones that say that if you send it 10 times you'll get luck or money or whatever. Why don't such people finish themselves?

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
People don't realize that forwards screw themselves and their friends over because they are giving away valid email addresses to complete strangers. Then they b!tch about all the spam mail that they keep getting and wonder where the he|| it keeps coming from and where the he|| they got their email address in the first place.

Rackem

Feb 12, 2002
Originally posted by: wnied
How hard is it to erase those messages and setup your spam filter to block out unwanted mail???

~wnied~

Quite hard when the subject/body is a little bit different everytime. Obviously, you don't receive these e-mails. And, what difference does it make about my post?! If I remember right, this is Off Topic. I can post whatever I want. My post did have a point and everyone seems to get the idea..other than you.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Rackem
Originally posted by: wnied

~wnied~

Quite hard when the subject/body is a little bit different everytime. Obviously, you don't receive these e-mails. And, what difference does it make about my post?! If I remember right, this is Off Topic. I can post whatever I want. My post did have a point and everyone seems to get the idea..other than you.
Can't be done. I have people on my list who I don't want to remove (such as my brother) but who may still occassionally send me emails I don't want. There is no sure-fire way of getting rid of such annoyances without a big risk of missing out on emails you want. Then there is the fact that I like some forwards- like the really funny ones.

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Originally posted by: her209
People don't realize that forwards screw themselves and their friends over because they are giving away valid email addresses to complete strangers. Then they b!tch about all the spam mail that they keep getting and wonder where the he|| it keeps coming from and where the he|| they got their email address in the first place.

This was a big problem when all those patriotic emails were going around...hourly...

A bunch of internal email addresses and mailing lists were just getting flung out over the internet because people think that noone can read a header (even though it's now in the body of the email).

Ever see a 10 line email end up over 160kB because of headers?

In summary: people are f'ing morons!

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
What irks me even more than the forwards of the "Arby's will send you a 2-for-1 coupon for forwarding this to 20 people" is when the sender takes the time to add "I know this doesn't work, but why not take a chance?" Hey, I have an idea - if it doesn't work, hit the DELETE KEY! Don't send it to me!

Being on the Internet doesn't mean you are compelled to find things to send via email all day long!

Vadatajs

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2001
I have a message rule set up so that it automatically deletes any message where the subject line contains fw: , Fw: , or FW: .

WW

Golden Member
Jun 21, 2001

everytime I get one of those stupid emails from someone, I look up the likely hoax on Snopes or somewhere similar and send them the link.

I usually do a 'reply all', so the 100 people that got the email will know it's a hoax, and that the person that sent it is a dumba$$. ;-)

bandXtrb

Banned
May 27, 2001
Oh, Rackem, is of the female species. Even though I received that particular e-mail from a female, I have received equally stupid "my child is dying of cancer and we get 25 cents for each time this is forwarded" e-mails from members of the male species.
I delete those, real or not. Guess I'm a bad person :Q:eek::p

Instagib

Golden Member
Mar 9, 2002
Originally posted by: Skoorb
I agree. AS*HOLES who keep sending forwards like "Send this because AOL and Microsoft and your mom's barber are checking to see how many times it is forwared" should be shot dead, unceremoniously, and no burial given.

Then there are the ones that say that if you send it 10 times you'll get luck or money or whatever. Why don't such people finish themselves?

You get em Skoorb.