dynastyexpress.com and P3-700Es?

trance

Oct 9, 1999
Has anyone bought a P3-700fpga or a p3-750fpga and sucessfully overclocked them? They have the lowest prices I can find but are these CPUs reliable (Do they o/c well and do they have cBo stepping?).

-700 100MHz/256K $220.75
-750 100MHz/256K $266.75

Klosters

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Before sending hard earned green to any etailer, check up on their reputation at http://www.resellerratings.com . After doing so, you just might not want to send Dynasty Express anything. At all. After this is posted, there will be those that add "great biz. I do all my online shopping for PC parts at Dynasty," to this thread. Would you rather believe one or two very lucky people, or this business's track record at ResellerRatings? It's your money. Just because a biz has the lowest price on Price Watch doesn't mean squat. The $15 you saved at biz X means nothing when they won't deliver your order for a month, won't answer emails, won't RMA the pos they sent you, and charge your CC a month before they ship. NOW how much did you save?

*Edit. I have no idea why my text got "boldified." Sorry, it's Linux.

rickn

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Dynasty Express is one of the worst computer outfits on the net. They will screw you over left,right, and center if you have a problem. Don't even bother returning anything to them, because 1. they charge restocking fee, 2. they charge a restocking fee even if you place and order and they never ship it. 3. they will hang up on you. The owner of that place, Larry, is a total obnoxious prick. You have been warned

DataFly

Mar 12, 2000
I got my 700e from onvia for $240 with a $25 coupon. I could have gotten it for $215, but I didn't notice the $25 coupon for using AMEX.:Q:(

Check out http://www.techbargains.com and click on coupons to find the coupon codes. Onvia is about half way down.:)

Edit: heh, I forgot to mention that this is a cb0 chip.:eek: