Dylann Roof- Sentenced to death.

HTFOff

Golden Member
Oct 3, 2013
After the jury announced its verdict, Roof stood and asked the judge if he would appoint him new lawyers to help him file a request for a new trial. Gergel told Roof a significant amount has been spent on the current legal team that Roof sidelined for the trial's penalty phase, a team led by noted capital defense lawyer David Bruck. The judge said he would be "strongly disinclined" to bring in new lawyers at this point, but he will listen to any motions Roof wants to make during Wednesday's proceedings.

You can be pure unadulterated evil and still be a coward, evidently. Not a martyr, just a POS who needs to be cleansed from this planet.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
The only shame is this won't be carried out this month, or even this year.
This is a case where there's no question who did it, and there's no question he deserves it.

Reactions: chucky2

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
The sooner he is dead the better, but this is no cause for celebration. I'd love to know what his childhood was like and where he learned such hatred. He wasn't born a racist killer, but he is an adult now and responsible for his actions and lack of any remorse.

Dec 10, 2005
He may be a "clear-cut" case of someone deserving the death penalty, but I don't think we should be executing people. It's somewhat barbaric, imperfect, expensive, and faces an ever-expanding definition of "clear-cut" that will lead to further problems. Just toss him in prison for life - he'll grow old and be forgotten about by society.

HTFOff

Golden Member
Oct 3, 2013
just a POS who needs to be cleansed from this planet.

Snaps. Something dawned on me.

It would probably be cheaper to build a space capsule and blast him in to space. Provide enough sustenance for 50 years or so. He can die in the cosmos, alone. NASA would get some needed funding. Win-Win.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
I thought he was playing tough just a couple weeks ago, not fearing death and all that. ;)

Hope he fries quickly.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I see he got the easy way out
That is the main reason I'm against it. I'd rather see him rot in his cell for years and he is still young so it'll be good long time before he would die of old age.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
That is the main reason I'm against it. I'd rather see him rot in his cell for years and he is still young so it'll be good long time before he would die of old age.

I don't know your particular political views/alignment, but I always think it's weird when people presumably sensitive to the allowance of cruel and unusual punishments basically admit that a life sentence is one extremely long and potentially painful punishment.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
Another story to always keep the racial tensions simmering.

Your media is trying to start a race war and people cannot see it.

Nov 25, 2013
Another story to always keep the racial tensions simmering.

Your media is trying to start a race war and people cannot see it.

Yep, the media. Trying to start a race war. Because? Because that's what the media does. Start race wars. Because? Because it's what they do. Start race wars. <repeat many times>

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I don't know your particular political views/alignment, but I always think it's weird when people presumably sensitive to the allowance of cruel and unusual punishments basically admit that a life sentence is one extremely long and potentially painful punishment.

I tend to be on the rehab end of the scale but for someone like roof, who admitted guilt and shows no remorse, will like do the same thing if he ever gets out, I highly doubt rehabilitation is possible,

He'll likely be kept out of general population for how ever long he lives. he's in for a very lonely life.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
The only travesty greater than his actual crime is they didn't march him out in front of the courthouse and let any affected family/friends participate in the firing squad if they so chose. It's insane the system (read: taxpayer) is going to spend money to keep this POS alive. There is no question he did the crime. Time to take a dirt nap, with extreme prejudice.