Dying Light update

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015
I thought actually I have read it on steam that they will release a free update for Dying Light, some kind of enhanced edition? I just reinstalled it and I don't see any new content? o_O

Last edited:

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
There was an updated patch (v1.10) a few days ago. The download was ~3GB for me. However, if you just reinstalled, then it's probably incorporated into the install.

I don't think there is any significant new content, just slight additions, improvements, tweaks, etc. You'll need to purchase "The Following" DLC if you want more stuff to do.

RockinZ28

Platinum Member
Mar 5, 2008
I think the enhanced version was free if you owned the season pass or something.

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015
I read that the February update is suppose to be free I guess I was wrong

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015
So the Enhanced edition was free but not The Following DLC, is it worth it? I don't feel paying $20 for some few additional content?

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
Just be careful as they also added vac to their servers, they did it like 5 days before announcing they would do it on the 9th, and it seems like some mods can even trigger it so make sure to play in offline mode or disable vac in the lobby if you play with others.

Hell they even removed the workshop and dev tools because of the issue.

Sho'Nuff

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2007
So the Enhanced edition was free but not The Following DLC, is it worth it? I don't feel paying $20 for some few additional content?

The following is a huge add on campaign and feels completely different than the original game - the environment is wide open. There is an upgradeable buggy, etc. Still the same meaty combat. All in all I think its worth $20.

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
I saw some gameplay videos and it looks amazing. I'm assuming if you liked Dying Light, you would like the expansion as well cos the buggy seems like a brilliant addition. Apparently it's not the same map though, so you cant take the buggy to the old map.

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
I like the game, just bought it, however the UI suffers from lots of console port games.
Why can't developers make a game that has a scaleable UI? MMO have did it for decades.

Surely a developer would have foresight and go "Ok this is going to be crossplatform..we can redue the controls for the PC as a afterthought, however PC players have different screen sizes so make sure we can scale the UI and have a PC enable UI option so they don't have to use keyboard buttons for everything."

So with dying light my UI postions are about a inch from the side vs on the corner like they should be. The interface for the inventory is horrid.

RockinZ28

Platinum Member
Mar 5, 2008
Just picked this up today.

Anyone interested in some coop, hit me up. Same name on Steam.