DVD-9 to DVD-5

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DasFox

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
Well I'm doing this on my WorkRig, the GameRig, that's all it's for, playing games and nothing else. :)

Well I guess one of these days I'll give CCE a go.

THANKS

DasFox

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
Originally posted by: virtualgames0
I've always used nero recode. Easy to use and it works great.

Nah forget that, I've already learned that using DVD Rebuilder with CCE, there is nothing better, even with HC it's good too.

Personally I don't get why people mess with anything else, oh well to bad for them.

ubercaffeinated

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2002
Originally posted by: DasFox

Nah forget that, I've already learned that using DVD Rebuilder with CCE, there is nothing better, even with HC it's good too.

Personally I don't get why people mess with anything else, oh well to bad for them.

i love it when people see the light ;D

i've used rb + cce for hundreds of back ups, and i'm already on my second burner after wearing out my first one.

ta8689

Golden Member
Feb 5, 2006
ok, how do u use drd rb and cce???? i downloaded them both and just got an error when i tried to do anything

gsellis

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2003
CCE Basic is slightly superior to Tsunami (TMPGENC - Tsunami has more options on alternate outputs, but CCE Basic has better 2 pass VBR and is $59). Of course, the version N7 is using is SP, which rules all and pwns some hardware encoders at $20k. But, it is $2k (CCE SP). ;)

Fallengod

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: ta8689
ok, how do u use drd rb and cce???? i downloaded them both and just got an error when i tried to do anything

Hard to say, Theres a million guides out there. Find a good one to help you. CCE isnt for people who just want a 1 click quick backup program. Its a professional program that yeilds the best possible software based quality. It actually takes some experience and time. :p

I dont use rebuilder myself, so I couldnt really help ya with that. I do everything old school with just scripts and CCE alone. But its taken me 3 years to get as good as I am with it. Just find a good guide and follow it. It isnt that difficult using rebuilder. You should try it by hand, with just scripts and see how difficult it is to learn. :p

DasFox

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
Well if your going to just use CCE with DVDRB Pro, is there going to be any difference with SP over Basic.

ta8689 make sure you use something like DVD-Decrypter, or DVDFab, then after the encryption is off, then you use DVD Rebuilder.

http://www.dvdidle.com/free.htm

I get the feeling you tried to just use it off the DVD, which was encrypted.

P.S. I bet n7 just found CCE, at 2k for that give me a friggin break, LOL ;)

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002

Oh yes, you're so l337 for using that program that takes 3 years to master :roll:
BTW, have you even tried using nero recode before?
Sometimes it's not worth going through hours of hassle just for a near negligible difference in quality.

ZimZum

Golden Member
Aug 2, 2001

Oh yes, you're so l337 for using that program that takes 3 years to master :roll:
Sometimes it's not worth going through hours of hassle just for a near negligible difference in quality.

If it takes you 3 years to figure out how to use a program as simple as DVDRB,
I can only assume that your parents dropped you on your head repeatedly or you have some sort of learning disability. The author of DVDRB's whole intent when writing the program was to create a front end for professional encoders that made them as easy to use as the one click consumer DVD copying programs. And he succeeded in doing just that. 5 minutes of perusing one of the myriad of guides available for DVDRB and youll be good to go. And the difference is quality is hardly negligible.

ubercaffeinated

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2002
Originally posted by: ZimZum

I can only assume that your parents dropped you on your head repeatedly or you have some sort of learning disability. The author of DVDRB's whole intent when writing the program was to create a front end for professional encoders that made them as easy to use as the one click consumer DVD copying programs. And he succeeded in doing just that. 5 minutes of perusing one of the myriad of guides available for DVDRB and youll be good to go. And the difference is quality is hardly negligible.

the funniest thing is i pretty much said the same thing like 10 posts back in this thread, minus the part about calling someone a retard lol :p

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
Originally posted by: ZimZum

Originally posted by: modempower
Originally posted by: ta8689

Hard to say, Theres a million guides out there. Find a good one to help you. CCE isnt for people who just want a 1 click quick backup program. Its a professional program that yeilds the best possible software based quality. It actually takes some experience and time. :p

I dont use rebuilder myself, so I couldnt really help ya with that. I do everything old school with just scripts and CCE alone. But its taken me 3 years to get as good as I am with it. Just find a good guide and follow it. It isnt that difficult using rebuilder. You should try it by hand, with just scripts and see how difficult it is to learn. :p

ubercaffeinated

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2002
Uh... so you quote a guy who doesn't use rebuilder himself? A guy who made his own scripts? Yea CCE isn't for people who just want a 1 click quick backup program... But DVD-RB pro is a graphical front end that makes everything a 1 click quick backup. Dood how many times does that need to be repeated. Clearly you haven't tried DVD-RB, and neither has the guy you are quoting as he says himself. Did you even read what the guy you are quoting is saying?

Here, since you are being facetious or something, or just plain lazy and don't want to google up "dvd rebuilder guide", i did it for you. It was the first hit on the top. Here is a link to a guide. It took me 20 seconds to read through and understand. It even has pictures for you, and they're using a older version in those pictures, but still, same thing. There's a 3 click mode, if you have the need for it. But there is also a one click mode. You set directories. You set how many passes of CCE you want going. And you press a button that says "back up". You come back a few hours later, and burn a back up that has pristine quality.

http://www.doom9.org/mpg/dvdrb.htm

If we went through all this trouble to try to help you find a better solution to something you are already doing, and you STILL wanna use your crappy transcoder thing, you deserve to be using it.

DasFox

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
virtualgames0 DVD Reubuilder doesn't take anything to figure out, just leave it on HC to do the endcoding and that is all.

But first you use either DVD-Decrypter or DVDfab and rip it, then use DVD Rebuilder, with the default settings on, simple as that.

The first time I did this, took me I think a whole 10mins to look it over and I made a copy with it.

ALOHA

gsellis

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2003
hehe... I wonder how lost people will feel that have issues with those apps once they get into an editor, even more complex, an animation app. :p

(ever wonder why an animation project has a team just for lighting? OMG - there are about a billion ways to setup who photons are emulated and I think each has its own tools and settings. Then add physics components to models. I feel like such a tool at times, but it still makes KILLER titles Sample

Sorry, drifted off topic.