Dutch man launches legal battle to identify as 20 years younger than his biological age.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Why doesn't this make sense? A biological male can be born into the world, at some point decide to live as a female and want the world to see him as a female and go through life as a female. Biologically, that person is a male. Save me the gender bs. Having a discussion about gender roles in society is one thing. An individual with xy chromosomes expecting the world to call him a her, is another. This guy has been born and alive for 69 years. If you want to have a discussion about how society views and treats older individual vs. younger, that too is fine and fair game. But expecting me and all others to play pretend and tell him he is indeed 49, because that's what he wants, is another when reality doesn't agree.

This is a long way of saying ‘I don’t understand the difference between gender and sex.’

Reactions: Meghan54

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I think OP is just jealous that he only has one physical dickhole. I think he wants his personal designation of Dickhole to be made manifest, again.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
I think OP is just jealous that he only has one physical dickhole. I think he wants his personal designation of Dickhole to be made manifest, again.

Does your phrase mean has only one hole in one's own dick, or, do you mean only has one hole to accept a dick?

Like, body fully pockmarked with holes capable of simultaneously relenting, warmly parting, and welcoming multitudes of (presumably orange, toad-shaped) dicks to slide in?

Asking for clarity.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Does your phrase mean has only one hole in one's own dick, or, do you mean only has one hole to accept a dick?

Like, body fully pockmarked with holes capable of simultaneously relenting, warmly parting, and welcoming multitudes of (presumably orange, toad-shaped) dicks to slide in?

Asking for clarity.

What does your heart tell you?

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
Like with his blonde hair and orange tan?

Actually this guy is hated by most Dutch people for being a racist, homophobe, nonsense spouting attention whore. So he's pretty much the Dutch equivalent of Trump, except that we were not retarded enough to vote for him (he tried getting into politics, he was convinced people actually thought he was great and wanted him to lead the country. He got 0.1% of the votes.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
He might be on to something. It would be great to increase my age and retire.
Typical conservative. Always looking for the personal advantage. I have decided to claim, in a similar fashion, that I am 100 people. I could go more, but I'm liberal and easily amused just playing on the floor. I don't need to own the whole world especially since I already do.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Typical conservative. Always looking for the personal advantage. I have decided to claim, in a similar fashion, that I am 100 people. I could go more, but I'm liberal and easily amused just playing on the floor. I don't need to own the whole world especially since I already do.
Multiple personality disorder should be viewed as two or more different people. They identify as two different people, why should we discriminate against one of them? What if it's a white guy and his alter ego is black? Wouldn't it then be racist to try and cure him? We've accepted that identity is fluid, but arbitrarily decided a person can only have one. Why repress those with two, three, or more personality's? Why not grant them the same rights everyone else enjoys? Who are we to decide that one personality is the "right" number?

I'm with you here Moonie, if you're a hundred different people then every single one of them should enjoy the same rights and privileges as the rest of us. Each one should vote, each should have his or her own SSN, each one should be able to work in the field of his or her choice.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Actually this guy is hated by most Dutch people for being a racist, homophobe, nonsense spouting attention whore. So he's pretty much the Dutch equivalent of Trump, except that we were not retarded enough to vote for him (he tried getting into politics, he was convinced people actually thought he was great and wanted him to lead the country. He got 0.1% of the votes.

God how I envy the rationality of the Dutch.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Multiple personality disorder should be viewed as two or more different people. They identify as two different people, why should we discriminate against one of them? What if it's a white guy and his alter ego is black? Wouldn't it then be racist to try and cure him? We've accepted that identity is fluid, but arbitrarily decided a person can only have one. Why repress those with two, three, or more personality's? Why not grant them the same rights everyone else enjoys? Who are we to decide that one personality is the "right" number?

I'm with you here Moonie, if you're a hundred different people then every single one of them should enjoy the same rights and privileges as the rest of us. Each one should vote, each should have his or her own SSN, each one should be able to work in the field of his or her choice.

What's funny here is that you're so ignorant about this issue that you don't realize that it's perfectly normal for people to claim multiple ethnicities and people do it all the time.

I will never understand why conservatives get so angry about issues that they obviously have spent no time learning about and that obviously have no impact on their lives. If it did have an impact on your life, you would know better.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
What's funny here is that you're so ignorant about this issue that you don't realize that it's perfectly normal for people to claim multiple ethnicities and people do it all the time.

I will never understand why conservatives get so angry about issues that they obviously have spent no time learning about and that obviously have no impact on their lives. If it did have an impact on your life, you would know better.

That is fairly easy. People on the Right have a proclivity toward authority and the traditional. So, when things move away from what is right and traditional, it challenges their understanding of the world. They push back against it because it must be that others are wrong, and not their perspective. Pushing back against what they think is right is something both sides do, but, what makes them different are the things they think are right and wrong.

Cozarkian

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2012
Well, if you are able to just increase your age to qualify to retire, and do it, then you can do it anyway...because it means you can already comfortably live off of savings/investments/whatever your pension pay out would be. ...if not, it's not like you are magically going to be granted whatever unknown salary % you would be at, some...10, 15, 20, 5? years from now. :D

I know I know, I made it not fun.

A large retirement concern is medical expenses. Qualifying for Medicare early by claiming to be older than you are might very well help some people retire early.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
This is a long way of saying ‘I don’t understand the difference between gender and sex.’

Last I checked BC records the sex of the child, not whatever gender it may or may not choose to identify with at a much later date. But if a person can change what sex they are, other than those who go through surgery of course, which is factual information then why shouldn't people be allowed to change their age too?

It doesn't affect you just like the sex on a BC doesn't affect me so what difference does it make if they identify with a younger or older age? If I can come around and eventually agree with your point of sex/ gender then why do you outright dismiss someone who identifies as younger than their birth age? This particular guy is even willing to wait another 20 years for his pension. Now I'm not sure that we should be punishing people for identifying the way that they do, be it male/female or age, but there should absolutely be no monetary gain in it like identifying as older so you can get SS benefits but if they were to allow this wouldn't it have to work both ways?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Last I checked BC records the sex of the child, not whatever gender it may or may not choose to identify with at a much later date. But if a person can change what sex they are, other than those who go through surgery of course, which is factual information then why shouldn't people be allowed to change their age too?

It doesn't affect you just like the sex on a BC doesn't affect me so what difference does it make if they identify with a younger or older age? If I can come around and eventually agree with your point of sex/ gender then why do you outright dismiss someone who identifies as younger than their birth age? This particular guy is even willing to wait another 20 years for his pension. Now I'm not sure that we should be punishing people for identifying the way that they do, be it male/female or age, but there should absolutely be no monetary gain in it like identifying as older so you can get SS benefits but if they were to allow this wouldn't it have to work both ways?

I frankly don’t care what age he identifies as. So long as he’s not trying to leverage it for personal financial gain he can knock himself out.

I mean it’s baffling that you would think I or anyone else would care. What kind of idiot cares about what gender or age someone considers themselves to be? The fact that you ever cared is pretty weird, to be frank.

Reactions: cytg111

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

The guy in the op is an idiot, and idiots seem to be what our society caters to. Moonie had a good read on it, I simply expounded on his idea. Sorry it triggered you.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Why doesn't this make sense? A biological male can be born into the world, at some point decide to live as a female and want the world to see him as a female and go through life as a female. Biologically, that person is a male. Save me the gender bs. Having a discussion about gender roles in society is one thing. An individual with xy chromosomes expecting the world to call him a her, is another. This guy has been born and alive for 69 years. If you want to have a discussion about how society views and treats older individual vs. younger, that too is fine and fair game. But expecting me and all others to play pretend and tell him he is indeed 49, because that's what he wants, is another when reality doesn't agree.

We only ask one thing from you, to mind your own business and not others.

Reactions: cytg111

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I smell these kind of guys from far away... ultimately its not about the gender or the age, its these little sad creatures that eye a chance to gang up on someone "different" and bully the shit out of them for a cheap laugh.. Its probably one of the only ways they can get a laugh and the only way they can enjoy some level of social interaction - in the community of torment of others. This is why they are deplorables. Its sad individuals really, if only they would accept help to become whole people.. but no, green, slow, taj etc. knows by heart they dont deserve it and thus they keep on keeping on.
To find enjoyment in another mans misery. Sad.

Reactions: Meghan54

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
He also looks like Rolf fucking Harris which is disturbing!

Reactions: pmv

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

You are fucking terrible at arguments.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
He also looks like Rolf fucking Harris which is disturbing!

Finally clicked on the OP link, and, blimey, you're right! If I were him I'd be more concerned with it being legally recognised that I'm not a predatory sex-offending former light entertainer.

Sounds like a stupid publicity-stunt with vaguely right-wing undertones, in any case. Wouldn't surprise me if his politics are similar to those of the OP.

(Does he really want to have to wait an extra 20 years for his pension? Do they not have free bus passes in the Netherlands? I'd consider adding 20 years to my age just to get mine).