Dutch man launches legal battle to identify as 20 years younger than his biological age.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Persons with concernophrenia and deep anxiety issued for things repressed, things they dont understand or things simply out of their comfort zone keeps posting on anandtech forums. We advice to stay indoors and keep your windows shut until we can determine if its contagious. Over to you Phil. (Phil, cause, concerns, getit?)

Reactions: nickqt and hal2kilo

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
So much coooooooooonceeeeeeeeeeern ... you guys are so violated right now .. I totally get it #youtoo

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Beware!

square.jpg

Reactions: Meghan54

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
He might be on to something. It would be great to increase my age and retire.

Well, if you are able to just increase your age to qualify to retire, and do it, then you can do it anyway...because it means you can already comfortably live off of savings/investments/whatever your pension pay out would be. ...if not, it's not like you are magically going to be granted whatever unknown salary % you would be at, some...10, 15, 20, 5? years from now. :D

I know I know, I made it not fun.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
So much coooooooooonceeeeeeeeeeern ... you guys are so violated right now .. I totally get it #youtoo
I'm not the least bit concerned, and honestly, that line has been pretty much worn out. Why not be honest about it and simply say that you're dismissing what he has to say because you disagree with his politics? I'd have a lot more respect for that position than all of the standard stupid responses. Russian troll, sock puppet, water carrier, concern troll. All of them have been used and misapplied to the point of being meaningless. We all know what you really mean, so go ahead and say it, it's all good.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I'm not the least bit concerned, and honestly, that line has been pretty much worn out. Why not be honest about it and simply say that you're dismissing what he has to say because you disagree with his politics? I'd have a lot more respect for that position than all of the standard stupid responses. Russian troll, sock puppet, water carrier, concern troll. All of them have been used and misapplied to the point of being meaningless. We all know what you really mean, so go ahead and say it, it's all good.

His lead is this

"Why not when anything can be anything in liberal imagination land."

- You want me to articulate how my political views differ from his? Holy shit batman.

This is what you do. Dig up something and call it crazy shit and then apply "all libs" on it. I am sorry but I dont subscribe to Fox methodology of deduction (ie. batshit).

To the point, if someone wants to identify as an attack helicopter and beyond that gain no advantage in society whatsoever WHY THE FUCKING FUCK DO YOU GUYS CARE? Stop it already, mind your own damned selves if you cant handle anything but yourself and your own damn mindset.

This is what you SHOULD be thinking : If that shit floats that mans boat? Then good for him, I am glad for him. Put on that inner smile for a fellow human being and be the FUCK on with your day. The end.

JESUS.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

What are his politics? Because it certainly looks like he disagrees with anything "liberal". Apparently you respect that oh so deep thinking as well as your response was pretty hallow.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

His basic argument is clearly if someone can change their gender identity then they can change any other aspect about themselves, including how many years they have been alive.

This is a transparently stupid argument and deserves nothing other than to be made fun of. So come on, join in and make fun of the guy acting like an idiot!

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Persons with concernophrenia and deep anxiety issued for things repressed, things they dont understand or things simply out of their comfort zone keeps posting on anandtech forums. We advice to stay indoors and keep your windows shut until we can determine if its contagious. Over to you Phil. (Phil, cause, concerns, getit?)
Can't believe I was stupid enough to look at this thread.

Reactions: cytg111

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Why doesn't this make sense? A biological male can be born into the world, at some point decide to live as a female and want the world to see him as a female and go through life as a female. Biologically, that person is a male. Save me the gender bs. Having a discussion about gender roles in society is one thing. An individual with xy chromosomes expecting the world to call him a her, is another. This guy has been born and alive for 69 years. If you want to have a discussion about how society views and treats older individual vs. younger, that too is fine and fair game. But expecting me and all others to play pretend and tell him he is indeed 49, because that's what he wants, is another when reality doesn't agree.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Then dont. Someone has a gun to your face? Choose to be a dick. Its your right.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Why doesn't this make sense? A biological male can be born into the world, at some point decide to live as a female and want the world to see him as a female and go through life as a female. Biologically, that person is a male. Save me the gender bs. Having a discussion about gender roles in society is one thing. An individual with xy chromosomes expecting the world to call him a her, is another. This guy has been born and alive for 69 years. If you want to have a discussion about how society views and treats older individual vs. younger, that too is fine and fair game. But expecting me and all others to play pretend and tell him he is indeed 49, because that's what he wants, is another when reality doesn't agree.

So it's a stupid segue into yet another flame bait rant about transgenderism.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I know a woman who wishes she was a man and thinks she's young and there is nothing wrong with that. If she wants to think she is younger than she is then more power to her. The only pace it matters is when it comes to her interaction with the government (like social security).

Otherwise, who the fuck cares? My guess is that the only people who care are little pissant bitches whose miserable lives can only have meaning by making other peoples lives miserable. Hence the stupid concerned trolling posts by the OP and or similar posters.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I know a woman who wishes she was a man and thinks she's young and there is nothing wrong with that. If she wants to think she is younger than she is then more power to her. The only pace it matters is when it comes to her interaction with the government (like social security).

Otherwise, who the fuck cares? My guess is that the only people who care are little pissant bitches whose miserable lives can only have meaning by making other peoples lives miserable. Hence the stupid concerned trolling posts by the OP and or similar posters.

Referring to the top part of your reply, I don't care how someone chooses to live their live, that's their choice and everyone is free to find liberty and happiness how they choose.

To the second part, nah, I'm just tired of militant leftists enforcing these things as if others *must* play their game. I've posted numerous times how in CA healthcare workers can be jailed or fined for this. I also fail to understand the logic of how a biological male can decide they are not a male any longer, but this doesn't extend to other areas, like age. It is like the liberals are thinking with feelings in stead of logic...

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Referring to the top part of your reply, I don't care how someone chooses to live their live, that's their choice and everyone is free to find liberty and happiness how they choose.

To the second part, nah, I'm just tired of militant leftists enforcing these things as if others *must* play their game. I've posted numerous times how in CA healthcare workers can be jailed or fined for this. I also fail to understand the logic of how a biological male can decide they are not a male any longer, but this doesn't extend to other areas, like age. It is like the liberals are thinking with feelings in stead of logic...

You are projecting, again.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
This is such an important story, and it affects me in so many ways.