Question dust mites/mold in pc tower

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
ok so there are a few dust mites (white) in my corsair 780T . I deep cleaned my pc it took almost 9 hours . i even disassembled my monitor stand and yes there were a few white molds on bottom of stand. Then i removed my GPU but nothing was on or inside it . Then removed PSU there was nothing in it too. Now the thing is there had been too much rain in last 3 months and my mother used to dry clothes under ceiling fan near my pc , could this be reason for attraction of molds? Total molds i found in my tower were roughly under 10, then on 6000rpm i blasted my tower while locking the fans with something of course and yes as i said, i was frequently seeing molds mostly on my steel series pad , it was made of cloth may be molds were being attracted i think. I threw it away. But today again mites reappeared, now i can confirm that they are never seen on monitor and keyboard. They only appear on my new mouse pad and again they are mainly on bottom or top of my corsair 780t case. Iblasted yesrday but they appeared again , i doo not know what to do now also there is no food source for them here
Can i use turmeric or epsom salt to get them away from my tower?

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Yes, anything and everything adding to room humidity can promote mold, but the mold also has to have a material to feed off of which could be dust, or mites, or other orgainc materials like wood or some cloth types. Try to keep the area cleaner. I'd see if your mother can find some other way to dry the clothing and use an A/C or dehumidifier to reduce the humidity.

I would try spraying with lysol disinfectant first, but if the area is quite infested then you may need to set off a bug bomb, seal the area the best you can, and vacate the area until it kills them all and is then removed through ventilation like a window fan. If it is not well sealed then the entire premises should be evacuated for this process.

There are various other methods to deal with the mites, but they will greatly reduce in numbers by simply making sure there's no dust (esp dead skin cells) for them to feed on. You might also look at potential entry points, like window screens with a mesh they're small enough to come in through.

Reactions: hardcore_gamer29

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
Yes, anything and everything adding to room humidity can promote mold, but the mold also has to have a material to feed off of which could be dust, or mites, or other orgainc materials like wood or some cloth types. Try to keep the area cleaner. I'd see if your mother can find some other way to dry the clothing and use an A/C or dehumidifier to reduce the humidity.

I would try spraying with lysol disinfectant first, but if the area is quite infested then you may need to set off a bug bomb, seal the area the best you can, and vacate the area until it kills them all and is then removed through ventilation like a window fan. If it is not well sealed then the entire premises should be evacuated for this process.

There are various other methods to deal with the mites, but they will greatly reduce in numbers by simply making sure there's no dust (esp dead skin cells) for them to feed on. You might also look at potential entry points, like window screens with a mesh they're small enough to come in through.
To tell you truth i cannot even sleep now as i sleep near my pc table today i saw red colored mite also near my mouse pad . Can they bite me or will they just stay in pc ? I really cannot find theirfood source for now

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Without a positive identification, I can't tell you whether any of these "mites" are the type that would bite you, suck blood, or burrow and lay eggs, but I suspect not if you haven't already had any skin problems with individual bumps.

However, dust mites might live ON you, eating your dead skin cells. There are some on most people, it's a nasty secret people don't like to think about much.

Their most likely food source is your dead skin, slaughed off as dust. You might want to dust more often, vacuum more often, wash yourself and bedding/curtains/etc (besides yourself, cloth in hot 140F+ water) more often than usual until they are under control, and might consider getting a room air cleaner.

They can't just stay in the PC because they need food. I mean if the PC is drawing in dead skin cells as dust, there's the food but ideally your PC would have its own filter panels and all passive holes blocked so it can not only keep new mites out, old mites in, keep dust out, but also serve as another room air cleaner collecting the dust on the filter panels.

You mentioned red mites. I get a massive infestation of those outdoors in late spring, but they pretty much go away a few days later. Otherwise: https://www.google.com/search?q=get+rid+of+dust+mites

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
Without a positive identification, I can't tell you whether any of these "mites" are the type that would bite you, suck blood, or burrow and lay eggs, but I suspect not if you haven't already had any skin problems with individual bumps.

However, dust mites might live ON you, eating your dead skin cells. There are some on most people, it's a nasty secret people don't like to think about much.

Their most likely food source is your dead skin, slaughed off as dust. You might want to dust more often, vacuum more often, wash yourself and bedding/curtains/etc (besides yourself, cloth in hot 140F+ water) more often than usual until they are under control, and might consider getting a room air cleaner.

They can't just stay in the PC because they need food. I mean if the PC is drawing in dead skin cells as dust, there's the food but ideally your PC would have its own filter panels and all passive holes blocked so it can not only keep new mites out, old mites in, keep dust out, but also serve as another room air cleaner collecting the dust on the filter panels.

You mentioned red mites. I get a massive infestation of those outdoors in late spring, but they pretty much go away a few days later. Otherwise: https://www.google.com/search?q=get+rid+of+dust+mites
can i put silica gel sachet in cabinet will it help

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
In the PC case? Not really, the absorption rate would be lower than continually added by the continual flow of air needed to cool it, yet their absorption will be depleted quickly. They are only effective at reducing moisture in a tiny area that is sealed.

You need the entire premises reduced in humidity, is far more moisture than a few silica gel packets could accomplish, and this only combats mold not the mites.

Last edited:

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
Can you please see video and tell what it is

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211005-120205_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20211005-120205_Video Player.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20211005-120200_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20211005-120200_Video Player.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20211005-120158_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20211005-120158_Video Player.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20211005-120153_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20211005-120153_Video Player.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 9

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
I only see white specs from your attached pics. Since you already stated there was a moisture problem, I'd not piddle around about it, reduce humidity through every means necessary and go from there, wipe down every surface this potential mold is on with a disinfectant.

You do not want a home full of mold. It can make you sick in addition to property damage.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Then do what you can, dust, vacuum, disinfect, wash clothing and bedding in very hot water, room air cleaner... I think I've already mentioned these things, seems like this topic is just a replacement for doing a google search on how to get rid of mold and mites.

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
Then do what you can, dust, vacuum, disinfect, wash clothing and bedding in very hot water, room air cleaner... I think I've already mentioned these things, seems like this topic is just a replacement for doing a google search on how to get rid of mold and mites.
These bugs are nowhere in my room except pc tower and can i use isopropyl alcohol to clean pc tower, is it safe