DURON 600 OVER TEMP HELP!

ROCKTRO

Oct 1, 2000
For reassurance prior to over-clocking my AMD DURON 600 with ABITKT7-RAID, I am performing a 48hr burning period and have noticed the temp of the CPU hovering at 60-C and this is only at idle! The case has a front and rear fan, the front is diverting air away from the case and the rear has a duct, which draws the air from the heat sink/fan area. What should I do to bring the temp down?

paulip88

Aug 15, 2000
I think your problem is the circulation inside your case. From what you described, the fans at the front and the back are blowing out. The PS fan also blows out. This means that you have three fans blowing out and no fans blowing in. I would recommend that you flip the front fan so that it sucks some air in. This would create some airflow so that the duct would do something.

If that does not work, double check to see if there is some wind coming out of the rear exhaust fan. If there is, then it means that there is airflow. Then the problem may be that the HSF is mounted inproperly. Mount it again and make sure that it rests flat on the die. Socket A's are pretty picky that way.

Hopefully this will solve your problem.

ride525

Golden Member
Oct 14, 1999
Nope, the problem is that the plastic strip didn't get removed from the thermal pad on the heatsink, and the thermal pad can't transmit heat to the heatsink....Thus the CPU is keeping all the heat and getting too hot...

tigger80

Golden Member
Feb 15, 2000
his case circulation is not that bad to cause such a high temp. I agree that he forgot to remove the plastic strip

ROCKTRO

Oct 1, 2000
Thank you for the valuable advice. is my first time attempting this task off over clocking. I was concern with the adhesive on the thermal pad making it difficult once I was ready to overclock???.:eek: (Live & Learn)