dungeon runners

Apr 17, 2005
i never played an mmorpg before and this looked interesting mainly because it is free and its a lot like diablo, which is the only rpg i've ever played. anyway, this seems pretty good, i only played about 20 minutes but there is some good humor in teh game, not the usual cliche rpg crap (my armor is made from baby seal skin :D). try it out, and maybe i can play with some of you rpg vets cause i'm an ubernoob.

Text

edit: also, in the level i was at, i saw people going into a forest, but when i went it there was no one there, just me...am i doing something wrong?

Bradtechonline

Jul 20, 2006
I couldn't get into it. A friend and I played it for about an hour and removed it. I bought Guildwars, and find it more enjoyable. No monthly fee's, and it feels more like a single player RPG you can play with friends. Nice being out in a world, and not dealing with other idiots. Go in town to trade, and then adios!

Nohr

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2001
www.flickr.com
Originally posted by: Inspector Jihad
also, in the level i was at, i saw people going into a forest, but when i went it there was no one there, just me...am i doing something wrong?
Dungeons are instanced meaning that they're created for you and your group only. Only the towns and base camps are shared with all players.

I've been playing for two or three weeks and have a level 67 shadow mage. Getting pretty bored with the game now, there's just not a whole lot of variety yet. Hopefully the coming updates will make it more interesting but I'm not sure I want to bother waiting.

I still think it's worth a try. The game's humor is entertaining and it's not a bad hack & slash.

Apr 17, 2005
Originally posted by: Nohr
also, in the level i was at, i saw people going into a forest, but when i went it there was no one there, just me...am i doing something wrong?
Dungeons are instanced meaning that they're created for you and your group only. Only the towns and base camps are shared with all players.

I've been playing for two or three weeks and have a level 67 shadow mage. Getting pretty bored with the game now, there's just not a whole lot of variety yet. Hopefully the coming updates will make it more interesting but I'm not sure I want to bother waiting.

I still think it's worth a try. The game's humor is entertaining and it's not a bad hack & slash.

so whats the point of it being massively multiplayer if you only fight by yourself or with a group.

Nohr

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2001
www.flickr.com
so whats the point of it being massively multiplayer if you only fight by yourself or with a group.
That's what keeps it from being a MMO, just like Guild Wars (also made by NCSoft). On the upside you don't have to worry about kill stealing or being ganked and other various annoying behaviour. Downside is you lose some of the social aspects of a full fledged MMO.

Apr 17, 2005
Originally posted by: Nohr
That's what keeps it from being a MMO, just like Guild Wars (also made by NCSoft). On the upside you don't have to worry about kill stealing or being ganked and other various annoying behaviour. Downside is you lose some of the social aspects of a full fledged MMO.

so how does wow work? are people in an actual world where you'll be running along and run into someone else?

Skacer

Banned
Jun 4, 2007
so how does wow work? are people in an actual world where you'll be running along and run into someone else?

Dungeons in wow can still be instanced, but a lot of your time is spent running around with other players, yes.

Apr 17, 2005
Originally posted by: ScottyB
How do I get a PlayNC code so I can play?

follow the link i posted, you have to go to the store and click the buy button for dungeonrunners but you dont have to enter anything...it'll give you a key.