Dungeon Defenders looks fun

gothamhunter

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2010
To save myself an infraction, I'll just change the purpose of this thread.

So anyone else interested in this game? Myself and a few friends are getting it because it looks fun. I played their demo they created in 4 weeks and it seems like a lot of fun for the $10 it'll be. Plus the Steam pre-order gives you a Portal 2 weapon and TF2 familiars lol.

Last edited:

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
Played it on my phone, didn't find it half as fun as I expected it to be.

Good luck finding your last man. BTW, I thought these topics were offlimits in AT Forums?

gothamhunter

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2010
Played it on my phone, didn't find it half as fun as I expected it to be.

Good luck finding your last man. BTW, I thought these topics were offlimits in AT Forums?

Yeah; changed the purpose of the thread now :)

Last edited:

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
No idea. I just have a vague memory of such posts being moderated or threads being locked.

I mean, I can see where the Moderators are coming from in such an instance, even if there are/have been 4-packs that I'd have probably jumped in with someone for.

M0oG0oGaiPan

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2000
digitalgamedeals.com
I pre-ordered it. Played it some last night. It's actually pretty fun. Got disconnected from the trendynet servers a lot though. I don't like how you have to walk to the main crystal and the bank all the time though. You should be able to ready up no matter where you are.

PuppettMaster001

Golden Member
May 11, 2002
It seems pretty fun. I have only played the first two levels of the PC version but have spent a lot of time playing the Android version and can tell you mutliplayer is where the fun lies. If you want to try it before you buy it and have an Android device, you can download it for free from the Android Market to get an idea of what the game is like. The PC version seems like the Android version (so far) but much much prettier and easier to control.

Anonemous

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
It's pretty fun, online ladder is where its at and it seems that ppl are at lvl 40 or so and it just came out yesterday.

jruchko

May 5, 2010
The controls are pretty bad and take some getting used to, but the game is still a lot of fun.

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
I tried the demo and uninstalled after about a half hour, I've got two friends who really like it though. I thought the camera sucked and the constant running back and forth and back and forth in the setup phase was extremely tedious with no real interesting gameplay to back it up.

TidusZ

Golden Member
Nov 13, 2007
gonna play it on lan next week and then I'll know how good it is

Have 32 hours logged on it, about 10 of those on 4 player lan. definite must buy. If you are going to lan then a 4-pack of dungeon defenders is a very good investment. One thing though, you will be doing a lot of left clicking.

Surprisingly they actually update it frequently and have added control options like not automatically moving when melee attacking.. new items/content etc for free. Everything turned all Halloween and stuff last night, sorta like you'd expect in WoW.

JoshGuru7

Golden Member
Aug 18, 2001
This game isn't as good as Orcs Must Die!, but it is way more fun anyways because it includes multiplayer. If you have a group of friends to play with this is well worth the cash, if not just stick Orcs!