Question Dune Pro Case any good for custom build?

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
lol its so minimalistic it grows on you the longer you look at it.

Feels like its a stripped down gutted macpro case.

Going on there site it looks like a macpro case. (dune)
features-1.png

Mac Pro:
apple_z0w3_macpro_202_bh_macpro_3_3ghz_12_core_intel_1576156253_1528513.jpg

Price tag is 200 dollars, so its not that bad in price either, but its crowd funded which is a big flag for me IMO.
But a case usually works or it doesn't so its not like you really need support unless its not working from the start.

Added note, i can see the case maker running to serious legal issues with APPLE in regards to this, so if you can get one, id get one ASAP.

But the construction seems solid, i would definitely be interested in one, as it has that professional MAC look.

Last edited:

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
They actually have a front panel that looks identical to the mac pro's front.

I think my issue with this case would be it looks like if you have a front mount radiator, the fans have to be used in a pull configuration, which typically sucks for efficiency. And the top center mount power button kind of sucks, especially if you have cats they may get on top of it.

But otherwise it looks to be very high quality with a nice esthetic.

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I think they made a classic mistake in the rear exhaust. The spots above the motherboard seem to be designed for 2x60mm (or possibly 2x80mm) fans. I mean, that is just ridiculous for a case that supports E-ATX, this isn't the 90's.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
I'm betting that this won't see the light of day. Apple will be all over this. I love the look though.
Yeah, blatantly copying the cheese grater is unlikely to work out for them.

*Sees Dune in title*
*Sees Muadib's pic*

Conclusion: Thread checks out.

Reactions: Muadib