dumbass tech guy

crYnOid

Oct 11, 1999
Just a little story for you guys.(+ girls)

I am in at my uni, bored because i don't have a class for another hour and the forums aren't working :(. I somehow noticed that the computer next to mine, has a problem being that the power supply fan had stopped. I put my hand over it to find it was definatly not working and was very warm. About ten minutes after i had notice the prob the tech guy who looks after the labs comes in, and when he come over in my direction i point out that the p/s fan has stopped (like the good little uni student i am :)). He looks it over and starts to walk away, then comes back to me and says "Is that the power supply fan or the cpu fan?":Q. I somehow controlled my laughter until he left the room.

just another dumbass i guess

BA

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 1999
One of the networking guys here didn't know what a switch was...

cgclausen

Aug 6, 2000
This reminds me of a call to tech support where is was trying to get more info about my motherboard (stupid OEM doesn't like to include manuals). I was told that, quoted from the conversation, "The regular one without sound is a Katmai, and the one with Video and everything is a Cu...Cumine? I think that is how you pronounce it." After that I just said ok that is all. It was obvious that they didn't know what they where talking about. Sometimes you get people who actually know what they are doing. Other times the people know less than you. It is just luck of the draw.

noxipoo

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2000
what do you expect from minimal wage people? else they wouldn't be doing level 1 tech support. give them a break

crYnOid

Oct 11, 1999
i applied for that job(just part time, east stuff etc) and this guy gets it, and it hurts my feelings worse:( to see him being a dumbass knowing i could do one hell of a better job

noxipoo

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2000
maybe he wrote a better resume? did you get a interview? i work for tech support in my school and most of the workers they hire dunno squat. and one of my bosses don't know squat either.

crYnOid

Oct 11, 1999
no interview, but most people have a better resume:). I think they pick people out of a hat for jobs like that:)

mattyrug

Golden Member
Sep 25, 2000
ahhh.... so many of these people, i'm glad i'm not the only one that has tought tech support a thing or 2!!

jonnyGURU

Moderator <BR> Power Supplies
Oct 30, 1999
So, should I continue to feel comfortable with my current job security or go through life haphazardly knowing that I could likely get a job anywhere. ;)

BTW: I thought the Katmai had sound too! Buwahahaha!

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
another one...

so i go over to this tech guy, and calls him a moron.

he comes back over to me and asks me what i called him...

i said moron.

he walked away, and after five minutes in deep thought, he came back and asked what i called him

i said moron.

he walked away, and after 10 minutes in deep thought, he came back and asked what i called him

i said genius.

he walked away, and after 5 more minutes in deep thought, he came back and asked what i called him

i said moron...

he walked away...

-

no this did not happen.