Duke Nukem Forever

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000
Originally posted by: ConstipatedVigilante
Those screenies look like Deus Ex or AVP2 (both great games, but dated). They could never release it with games like Crysis in competition.

Those are original screens from way back when, the game was still on the Quake 2 engine at that point I believe.

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000
Originally posted by: RandomFool
Well I won't be holding my breath waiting for this game but who knows, I had given up on ever seeing TF2 so I suppose anything could happen.

The TF2 that got released is NOT the TF2 Valve started developing or promised us. The "new" TF2 is a great game, no doubt - but it's not the game that was being developed way back when.

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004
I was just watching a commercial for DeVry (the one where they go "This could be the best game ever... only YOU haven't made it yet!"). That got me thinking: holy shit, what if the reason Duke Nuke 'Em forever is still in development is because I haven't made it yet? What if every day a hundred people go to work and sit in a dark office waiting for me and I never show up? WHY DIDN'T SOMEONE TELL ME I WAS SUPPOSED TO MAKE DUKE NUKE 'EM FOREVER?!

Yes, I was high.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Pale Rider
Originally posted by: ConstipatedVigilante
Those screenies look like Deus Ex or AVP2 (both great games, but dated). They could never release it with games like Crysis in competition.

Those are original screens from way back when, the game was still on the Quake 2 engine at that point I believe.

Unreal 2.5 or same Engine as UT(original)

XNice

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2000
I don't care if they start from scratch again using the U3 engine. I'll still buy it. It doesn't have to be great, just good. I grew up with Duke Nukem, and all I want is more of that no fluffs, in your face gameplay / humor.

AnitaPeterson

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
On another board, someone quipped "Great, can't wait to play it on by Bitboys video card!"
I would've added "...using the Optimus keyboard for control!" ...but lo and behold, Lebedev's baby is actually being prepared for commercial launch!

Hey, that would make for a great trick question: "Who's gonna come back first - Jesus or Duke?"

maxster

Banned
Sep 19, 2007
Originally posted by: Atomic Playboy
Originally posted by: gorcorps
Originally posted by: TecHNooB
Originally posted by: Andy22
Originally posted by: xSkyDrAx
Originally posted by: RandomFool
Well I won't be holding my breath waiting for this game but who knows, I had given up on ever seeing TF2 so I suppose anything could happen.

:confused: If you have not noticed, TF2 has been out for a while.

Damn....I just have to quote this because of how badly you missed his point. :thumbsup:

;)

You can say that again~

and again

If you comprehend what you read, the terrorists win.

:laugh:

techwanabe

Diamond Member
May 24, 2000
Isn't the name Duke Nukem "Forever" a prophecy that the game will forever not be produced?

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Originally posted by: techwanabe
Isn't the name Duke Nukem "Forever" a prophecy that the game will forever not be produced?

I think it's more of a prophecy that you will forever live under a rock... as that joke has been used for years and years.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Screw DN:F, I wish they would just remake Duke Nukem' 3D to take advantage of the latest HW. That was an awesome and fun game.

Trader05

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2000
Originally posted by: Oyeve
Screw DN:F, I wish they would just remake Duke Nukem' 3D to take advantage of the latest HW. That was an awesome and fun game.

i'd buy it

Coldkilla

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2004
They're actually making it for Xbox720 and PS4... ;)
Oh and for Optical CPU sockets with light driven architecture. ;)