Duke Nukem Forever teaser video to be released.. seriously!

raystorm

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Yes boys and girls...in what is the true sign of the apocalyse George Broussard has announced that a teaser video for Duke Nukem Forever will be released. Amazing.

Last Saturday we had our annual company Christmas party. It was a lot of fun as usual but it featured one special surprise. It turns out that several people had been secretly working late nights and into the wee hours of the morning preparing a special video for those at the party. They created a short teaser for Duke Nukem Forever.

After seeing the teaser we thought it was something we should share with all of you and while it's just a teaser, rest assured more is coming.

Tomorrow, Wednesday the 19th, around noon CST, we will release the first teaser trailer from Duke Nukem Forever. To tide you over until then, here is a screen shot taken from the teaser.

Thank you for being fans of the game and for your continued patience.

I'd like to thank the people on the team that worked so hard to create this teaser and the friends of 3DR that helped create it (Jeremy Soule and Julian Soule, Frank Bry, Jason Evigan and of course, Jon St. John).

George's message with one screenshot.

edit: Seems to be getting hammered big time!

raystorm

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Molondo
...I'm not kidding...

But im sure george is.

Early April Fools maybe? I bet there are trolls in that 3DRealms board that have been trying to get morsels of info outta George for the better part of a decade. One screenshot and they go bananas.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
My guess it is still years away from being completed, if it ever is. There was plenty of TF2 teaser media as well, before they decided to take the game in a completely different direction which resulted in it being a looooong wait.

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
unless they come up with something magical there is no way this game can live up to the hype

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: BooGiMaN
unless they come up with something magical there is no way this game can live up to the hype

If it's anything like the original, it exceeds the hype already.

milesl

Oct 11, 2004
3DR has said it will start releasing Screen shots and videos of Duke Nukem Forever when it is about 6 months before release.Here is to hoping 2008 will be the year to Come Get Some DNF!

R Nilla

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2006
All that post on 3dforums says to me is "a bunch of guys made a video of Duke Nukem, and we're going to claim it's somehow related to this game that is supposedly under development." If they actually were working on a game, would it really take a lot of work to put together a teaser?

Aug 9, 2007
I think George Broussard knows, that it's soon or never.
This game will be one of the last DX9 - XBOX360 showcases. He wants this to feature on the XBOX360 as well to make money. If it takes them longer than a year (no release in 2008) to finish it, the XBOX720 or DX11 might be out there and the visual competition might be too much for old Duke without remaking everything again.
They had such a release window in 2001 when the game looked good on the heavily modified Unreal-Engine but then a lot of Unreal 2-Engine games came out, Doom3 and they had to start over once more.