Dude! Wizard of Oz / Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon: Monday July 3rd!

DarK SagE

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I just dont see how they can make dark side of the moon work with wizard of oz. Can someone enlighten me please?

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Makanani

Jan 31, 2000
A couple of years ago I actually synched my CD with the movie and the similarities of the movie and the CD are pretty freaky if you ask me. Definitely raises questions about the CD, but it's been denied numerously. I heard Pink Floyd will be played on the SAP mode during the showing of The Wizard of Oz.

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Some of the synchronization is indeed a simple mathematical coincidence, in one part the little people are dancing to a song in the movie and it looks like they are in sync to the music on the album, it looks that way because they are in sync with it, or any other music that is in the same "Time" if the song in the movie was in 4/4 time and the song on the album was in 4/4 time then it would match perfectly, I had the stereo playing one day with the tv on, there was an old folks aerobic program on, they were in perfect sync to "Balls to the wall" funniest thing I ever saw :D

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
ok, I really want to see this, so what time exactly would that be here on the west coast? I just want to make sure.

JW310

Golden Member
Oct 30, 1999
Well.... my stupid cable carrier doesn't carry the SAP on most of the channels. Is there anyone out there that's taping it (or can tape it for me), and would be willing to send out a copy? PM or e-mail me, and we can work something out.

Thanks!
JW

Edit: Looks like it's on at 8pm Pacific Time tonight. Just got the sched. off of TCM's webpage.

Mariah21

Jun 13, 2000
We just watched the movie. It's pretty cool.. The first and third loops of Dark Side of the Moon match up really well... there are some things that match up the second loop of hte album, but not as well...

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
creedog, do you have a fast connection? I can send you that song if you want, about 5mb