dual "SLOT1" Coppermine 133 FSB motherboards

DieselMan

Platinum Member
Mar 25, 2000
Are there any other Slot1 motherboards besides the Tyan Tiger 133? I am getting 2 slot1 EB processors so I am stocked with slot1 mobos and can't use all the new fcpga dual mobos :(

I am not interested in the Tiger 100 because it doesn't have the FSB/4 pci divider at 133. I need something stable at 133 because I have timing issues with some of my pci components. Any other Via-based mobos that are slot 1 beside the Tiger 133?

Thanks for your help!

HigherGround

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2000
unfortunatly the other options include the hideously priced OR840 mobos with the insanely priced RDRAM (which you have to pick up in pairs) :|

zuze

May 19, 2000
I would check out gigabyte's page. Not sure if they have one for slut 1 but they do have a socket 370 boards.

DieselMan

Platinum Member
Mar 25, 2000
Thanks guys for your inputs. I do favor supermicro, asus, and tyan over other brands but I don't seem to have many choices here :(

FYI, Gigabyte doesn't have a slot1 version of their 694D (very unfortunate); that was the first thing I checked.

DieselMan

Platinum Member
Mar 25, 2000

<< Too bad you can't find the Supermicro PIIDME anywhere >>

Ben, does supermicro actually have a PIIDME or you meant PIIIDME?? :)

That mobo is out of my budget :p Well, actually the RAM is too much. I would wait for a DDR dual board, but I am afraid they will all be socket-based (observing from the recent trade - the Tyan Tiger 133 seems to be the only new dual mobo that is slot 1).

Ben

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999

<< does supermicro actually have a PIIDME or you meant PIIIDME >>

Ya, that was a type-o

Ben

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I got this from Net Express.

<< For Dual processor workstations this isn't the best time to be buying a computer. You either need to go with an outdated dual processor 440BX or 440GX based board or go with a newer 840 based board. We are not happy with the 840 performance and we suggest waiting for the ServerWorks WS boards to come out in December. If you can't wait try the ASUS P2B-D(S) 440BX motherboard. It will support up to dual 800Mhz CPUs if you get the latest revision and it outperformance the 840 based boards. >>

..and this.

<< Dual and Quad Processor Server boards. The new ServerWorks boards are now out from ASUS, SuperMicro and Tyan. They have been performing great. They support PC133 memory and a 133MHz FSB. The LE and HE based board have been released. They support up to 8GB of PC133 SDRAM and generally include on board SCSI, Ethernet and sometimes video (ASUS). For dual processor use the Pentium III Coppermine. For Quad use the Xeon 700Mhz CPUs. Keep in mind these are for servers not workstations and lack AGP support. The WS version should be out in December with AGP support for workstations. >>