Dual Processor T-Bird...SMP for AMD...?

cheuyungphat

Aug 12, 2000
I dunno about anyone else but I am growing very anxious for the arrival of the dual processor motherboards for the AMD T-bird. Has anyone heard any information regarding when we can expect them? Im looking to build a dual-processor system, but am really leaning towards AMD as I do a lot of multitrack recording and video work...would like to have the rendering power of a dual rig. Any info would be great!

cheuyungphat
:D

Dark4ng3l

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2000
The amd 760?(not sure about number) wil be smp capable and should be released in a few months(2-3 I think)

cheuyungphat

Aug 12, 2000
I sure hope so...I had a chance to use a friends dual pIII...gee what fun! I can only imagine what the dual t-bird will be like...

mechBgon

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Oct 31, 1999
What type of rendering do you do? I did some 3D modelling with a dual-P3 system and it was fun when it didn't crash ; ) My software was a bit buggy in multi-threaded mode (Caligari trueSpace 4.3) so I am sticking with single-processor for the moment. Maybe when trueSpace 5.0 comes out... hmm... !

To add to what was said, I believe there will be a 760 chipset, and a 760MP for multi-processing. Quad Durons sounds cool! &quot;Quaduron?&quot;

AMDfreak

Aug 12, 2000
Dual T-birds would rock, but it won't be useful for me until games are written for the NT/2000 kernal and take advantage of SMP.