Dual Nivdia 1070s (F@H)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
Update:
(All systems running Windows 10, 64bit, btw)

BumbleBee: Single 1070...computer restarted, no indication as to why. Possible crash. Otherwise, on it's 3rd (possibly 4th) task. Driver issues of days gone by typically would have shown themselves by now.

Devastator: Twin 980Ti's, running fine so far, three tasks completed/in progress.

bds71

Nov 29, 2016
if this were my actual gaming/crunching PC I might, but its my media PC hehe - no real need to. the only reason I even bothered with a 970 is because it's currently pulling double duty as media PC and mild gaming PC until I finish my house and move my stuff out of storage. (my hi-perf rig is water cooled and doesn't quite fit under the table in my trailer hehe)

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
I understand that the F@H related fix in the NVIDIA hotfix driver is considered a workaround for a bug which should ideally be fixed in individual GPGPU applications.

So, I just spotted this post from Pande Group, January 30:
https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=29633
New core21 0.0.18 with NVIDIA bug workaround released!

by JohnChodera » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:55 pm

We are pleased to announce the release of core 21 v0.0.18 to full FAH.

This release contains a workaround for a change made in the NVIDIA OpenCL driver introduced in drivers starting with 375.57, as well as some improvements to error handling codes.

While a slight reduction in performance may be observed for those with NVIDIA cards, this performance regression should be eliminated when NVIDIA removes the hotfix in forthcoming driver updates.

There is a known issue that this release will, for some projects, print sporadic messages to the log due to a known visualizer bug:

05:34:52:WARNING:FS01:Size of positions 64914 does not match topology 19

This issue does not affect the quality of the science, and a workaround is already in testing for v0.0.19, which we hope to release in a week.

Thank you all for your patience.

~ The FAH Core 21 crew