Dual Monitors need mirror

LucasA618

Jul 21, 2012
Not sure if this is the right place to get help but it's worth a shot. So I'm using a Asus VS228 monitor as my primary monitor and its hooked up via hdmi to the graphics card, resolution 1920x1080 (I don't know how much info is needed to help...) and I'm trying to set up another "monitor" via a vga cord hooked up to the motherboard... the second monitor is a Samsung TV with a max resolution of 1360x768. I am trying to get the Samsung display to mirror the Asus display, toolbar, desktop, etc. and I thought I would just be able to go to "control panel/appearance and personalization/display/screen resolution" and set "multiple displays" mirror but the only options that appear are "extend these displays" and "show desktop on only 1" (or 2). Is there anyway to manually set mirror? or am I missing something? or is it just stupid... Thanks!

Mr. Pedantic

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2010
Right click the desktop --> Screen Resolution --> Multiple Displays --> Switch it to "Duplicate these displays"

LucasA618

Jul 21, 2012
No that's the problem "duplicate these displays" isn't an option it's only "extend these displays", "Show desktop on only 1", or "Show desktop on only 2"...

postmortemIA

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2006
do you have graphics cards utility? nvidia settings? amd catalyst? it will be there for sure. and both of them will ran at 1360x768

Sep 12, 2004
iirc, natively, Windows will only mirror identical resolutions, at least up until and including Windows 7. Windows 8 may change that but I'm not sure. However, if you don't have Windows 8 you can use Ultramon to mirror 2 displays of differing resolutions when using 2 separate GPUs.

Mr. Pedantic

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2010
iirc, natively, Windows will only mirror identical resolutions, at least up until and including Windows 7. Windows 8 may change that but I'm not sure. However, if you don't have Windows 8 you can use Ultramon to mirror 2 displays of differing resolutions when using 2 separate GPUs.

That's not true. Well, it is true, but if you have two different resolution monitors both just show the lower one.

LucasA618

Jul 21, 2012
Okay I have an nvidia GTX 660ti galaxy graphics card and it does have its own like setting stuff but the DVI is plugged into the motherboard... all I am looking to do it keep the high resolution on the Asus monitor (1920x1080) and have it mirror onto the lower res tv while keeping them both at their native res, is it possible?

Scoobyboo

Jul 19, 2012
You can do a lot with DisplayFusion (software) for multi-screen setups
I really like it for my dual-screens :)