Dual Display Color Issues

Hippiekiller

Mar 30, 2006
I am having trouble with a yellow tint from one of my DVI ports on my 3870. For years now I have had the card running and LCD monitor and my 42" HDTV for watching movies.

I only recently notticedthe issue with the yellowish tint because I took my computer to a friends for some LAN action and when i came back I plugged the the DVI connector back appearently opposite of they I had it for years.

When we went to watch a movie I immediately noticed yellowish / washed out colors on the HDTV display. After some trouble shooting I realized that when swapping the displays to the other ports, the one Port always had the yellowish tint. Seems that I never noticed this before because the HDTV has much better color production. It is hardly noticeable on the monitor because when i first set it up I apparently tuned it to make it lest noticable.

I was wondering if anyone else has experiencef color issues between the two outputs on any of their video cards (not limited to 3870) and if there is anything that can be done to remedy the disparity? While researching it seemed most people speaking of having yellow tint problems were using ATI products, all the way back from 9800 pros to 4860s were said to have the probelm.

Thanks for any advice or shared experiences.

lsv

Golden Member
Dec 18, 2009
Check/reset your color display colour/brightness settings in CCC. It's also possible a pin or a few are being blocked...