Dual boot question

Estam

Sep 27, 2007
Decided to install Win10 in my Asus 1000he laptop. Presently I have two Win XP o/s's installed in two partitions and am installing Win10 in the first C:/ position.
I understand to select custom install when installing Win10 and to install it in the first partition which is the C:/ and my question is: will it automatically recognize the other o/s Win XP?

TheELF

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2012
It should,but because it's different partitions it might not see it.
You can use easybcd though to easily add windows XP to the windows 10 boot menu if it doesn't show up on it's own.

Estam

Sep 27, 2007
Thanks for your help. Installed Win10 and due to not being able to install more than 2gig of ram it runs really slow. Pulling down a scroll bar it jumps all over the place and playing media jumps and misses frames and audio. It's so pissed that I'm not using Edge and instead downloaded Firefox, it keeps reminding me I made a mistake and that Edge is much faster, which it isn't as I compared it to Firefox and at least Firefox isn't trying to sell me Microsoft crap. The start up page has nothing on it that I need and if that is all installed no wonder it's slow....Why did I uninstall XP which worked perfectly for as long (7 years) as I've owned this laptop - LOL. I'm close to putting it back but going to give Win 7 a shot.