dual amd owners running XP pro: request

Titan

Golden Member
Oct 15, 1999
I have tried to get a confirmation of this problem at 2cpu.com but alas, no one can help me.

If anyone is running an AMD dualie on XP pro, could you do me the favor and see if mechwarrior3 will run? The gold edition just came out last year and I was hoping they fixed this bug with a rebuild but no such luck. Both mw3 and the expansion, pirates moon, crash on load, with a divide by zero error. I am running on a Tyan s2460, so if anyone has that board, let me know of your results. The game costs 10 bucks in most EB outlets people, please show some love!

No patch helps, no compatability settings help. Running a dual boot with 98 works, but I like staying in XP. Also I am using no service pack, but it fails on SP1 for me as well. Maybe SP2 can fix it?

I can run this game on XP with dual P3, single P3, and single AMD, but dual AMD don't workie, waah! :(

Titan

Golden Member
Oct 15, 1999
Originally posted by: stev0
send me a .iso and i'll give it a go on my dual opterons

sorry, I not on broadband, except at work, which i won't use to transfer huge files.

C'mon, you can find it used for 5 bucks, and if it works, it's a kick-a$$ game! I always thought it was better than MW4, it's a simulator with the nigh-speed and explosive action of a FPS. No one has it?

Titan

Golden Member
Oct 15, 1999
Originally posted by: dabuddha
Did you attempt to contact the makers of the game and ask them?

That's probably a very good idea. I'm not sure who to bug, microprose or microsoft. I doubt I will get anywhere, but it's a path i should not neglect!