• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

DSS Problems

CrumCake

Nov 10, 1999
Story goes like this. I hooked up a spare receiver in the bedroom. Wired that puppy up and here's the thing, i get only channels on the even transponders. Direct tv says it my receiver, but when i take it into the living room and hook it up it works fine. So then they say it's the cable, but i get channels on the odd transponders. So today i'm played with the LNB and unhooked the living room receiver from the LNB and still nothing. I do not want to go out and buy a new receiver and have this same thing happen, cause i will be pissed!!!

Any thoughts???

ultravox

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
What happens if you leave the spare one in the living room and put the main one in the bedroom? You could always change the furniture around between the rooms....;)

MasterMind

Sep 21, 2000
You need to remove any low frequency splitters that are in line between the living room and bedroom and replace them with a high frequency 2GHz splitter.

ASK THE COMMUNITY