DSLR multiple focus shots single click

Discussion in 'Digital and Video Cameras' started by Kokain, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Kokain

Kokain Junior Member

I want to know if there is a DSLR camera out there that can be set at different focus points to take those shots with a single button press. A lot of cameras are advertised with 9-12 focus points, I was hoping I can choose 3-4 desired once and when I'm ready, I press the shutter release a photo is taken, lens adjusts to next focus point, a photo is taken, lens readjust to next focus point and another photo is taken until all are done. I know you can do this with a software but I want a camera that is capable without hooking it up to a computer.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - DSLR multiple focus Forum Date
    Is DSLR dying slowly? Digital and Video Cameras Jul 1, 2017
    so many nice choices for tiny/lightweight dslr now! Digital and Video Cameras Jun 6, 2017
    Sony not out of the dslr market just yet Digital and Video Cameras Feb 2, 2017
    options for waterproof dslr? Digital and Video Cameras Sep 13, 2016
    Software for capturing multiple webcams Digital and Video Cameras Apr 12, 2013

3. slashbinslashbash

slashbinslashbash Golden Member

I don't think there's any DSLR that can do exactly what you want.

Most DSLR's have a motion tracking setting where it utilizes all focus points, and if the (perceived) subject is moving from one focus point to the next then it will "follow" it among the focus points.

4. shortylickens

shortylickens No Lifer

Read DPReview.com and if you cant find it, join their forums and ask them.

5. IronWing

IronWing Lifer

The Lytro Light Field Camera can capture a broad range of focus points that you can select from after the fact on your computer. It is not up to DSLR resolution or other features.

https://www.lytro.com/camera