DS1 Remastered

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
So picked this up last night, before I actually played it, I found that a guy name Malcom Reynolds is back at it... Hacking people and getting them soft-banned.

So I decided not to fire up the game and told my son, well, it doesn't look like we can't play together, because your character might get destroyed. The guy apparently throw a fireball at your that goes through walls and changes the stats on your character, that gets written to save the file when you die. Then, the cheat system detects that you modified your character and grants you a soft-ban.

This is rather disappointing for two reasons. 1) Apparently this guy has been doing this to every souls game, 2) He streams it and 3) Namco or whoever is the publisher, developer doesn't actually address the issue.

I am thinking about requesting a refund... I mean, people think this is funny. I guess I don't. I wuldn't mind it if the hack just killed me, but the fact that it is designed to grief people in a way no intended or morally right seems to bother me. I wonder how many people are going to avoid buying this because of it.

Reddit and Steam forums have a TON of posts on this. My favorite post in one of those forums "Malcom Reynolds is a low quality person".