Drunk Driving butthead ratted out to cops by his talking parrot

ThinClient

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2013
http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/14/drunk-driving-man-ratted-out-talking-parrot/#ixzz2qTWo1vkK

Guillermo Reyes of Mexico learned the hard way that if you want a pet that talks, make sure it won’t rat you out.

Reyes, 49, was busted in Mexico City for driving under the influence in part thanks to his pet parakeet.

Reyes was stopped at an alcohol checkpoint, when police heard a voice from inside the vehicle saying, “He’s drunk! He’s drunk,” the New York Daily News reports. They thought there was another person in the car at first, but discovered a parakeet.

Reyes was indeed drunk, and was arrested and sent to go dry out in jail for the night. The bird was allowed to stay with Reyes, since officials worried the bird might die if he was separated from his owner.

No word on whether Reyes wanted the bird with him. If you have a pet bird, you might think about teaching them the phrase, “snitches get stitches.”

AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

That's freaking hilarious! :D :D

I know drunk drivers are the scum of the universe and that they do stupid things, but I think this takes the cake :awe:

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Sounds like someone trained the parrot to screw over the owner. I doubt the parrot was scared for his life with a drunk driver and just decided to rat him out to the cops.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
so birds can now determine if people are drunk?

While I agree this guy should go to jail. I also hope the cops lose this case on taking a birds 'word' as probably cause for searching the guy.

ThinClient

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2013
Oh blow it out your breathalyzer. Drunk drivers don't deserve to be on the road and EVERY measure should be taken to prevent it. Alcohol blockades should all just have breathalyzers lined up. Drive up, stop, blow, drive on. I've lost loved ones to drunk drivers and no "probable cause" bullshit should be needed since neither the car nor your person are being searched. All you have to do is blow into a machine, takes 2 seconds to save lives and get the scumbags off the road.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I'd like a talking parrot that rats out at will to be inseparably issued to each of my kids. No more worries about drugs, alcohol, teen aged pregnancies and other such malfesceance. Of course, I'd risk having a couple of expensive strangled parrots on my hands but I'd take the risk.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I'd like a talking parrot that rats out at will to be inseparably issued to each of my kids. No more worries about drugs, alcohol, teen aged pregnancies and other such malfeasance. Of course, I'd risk having a couple of expensive strangled parrots on my hands but I'd take the risk.
:D +1

Hilarious story, OP. I personally dislike those MADD stops though. I got caught in one of those and as I drove away, it suddenly struck me to wonder how many mouths that breathalyzer had been in that night. It did however warm the cockles of my heart to see how disgruntled was the MADD lady that I had not been drinking.

ThinClient

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2013
:D +1

Hilarious story, OP. I personally dislike those MADD stops though. I got caught in one of those and as I drove away, it suddenly struck me to wonder how many mouths that breathalyzer had been in that night. It did however warm the cockles of my heart to see how disgruntled was the MADD lady that I had not been drinking.

Breathalyzers use mouth pieces that are discarded after each individual has used it. Your mouth never comes in contact with the actual breathalyzer device.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Breathalyzers use mouth pieces that are discarded after each individual has used it. Your mouth never comes in contact with the actual breathalyzer device.
Maybe I just didn't notice it, but I do look at what I put into my mouth and I did not notice a tiny lip condom.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Depends on the kind of device, but most kinds of breathalyzers have a simple inlet hole. The entire straw piece is the discarded mouthpiece.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bre...DYbgoAS1_YBI&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1674&bih=937
Best I remember it looked like a little black kazoo. Mostly I remember stopping her. Damn, lady, you don't just stomp up to the window and attempt to stick something in someone's mouth without a word. Gotta sweet talk me, buy me dinner, get me excited about the project. She insisted that she had to hold it, so I firmly took her hand and guided it to my mouth. She was a most unpleasant lady.

Parrots don't let friends drive drunk
LOL +1

MixMasterTang

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
Best I remember it looked like a little black kazoo. Mostly I remember stopping her. Damn, lady, you don't just stomp up to the window and attempt to stick something in someone's mouth without a word. Gotta sweet talk me, buy me dinner, get me excited about the project. She insisted that she had to hold it, so I firmly took her hand and guided it to my mouth. She was a most unpleasant lady.

LOL +1

Was this a police officer, or was this some random old lady that came up to your car?

ThinClient

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2013

LOL +1

It sounds like you volunteered to stop for a roadblock that was operated by an organization not associated with law enforcement.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Was this a police officer, or was this some random old lady that came up to your car?

It sounds like you volunteered to stop for a roadblock that was operated by an organization not associated with law enforcement.
It was a police roadblock, but the cops weren't really doing anything except stopping traffic (which I assume would change if someone blew over the limit.) The MADD women were doing the breathalyzer tests and mine at least insisted on holding it - as though I were going to run off with it when surrounded by carloads of cops. The MADD women were also the ones asking if we would voluntarily submit to a breathalyzer. They were completely stopping a four lane + turn/merge lane road, with police cars in the center lane and on both shoulders and cops between each pair of lanes motioning people to stop, so there were at least six police cars, maybe more. We probably all looked drunk since every cop car was running its light bars, which was painfully bright. Lotta squinting going on. However, not volunteering to stop would have been, um, counter-productive.

I did not see her change anything before she walked back and stuck it in the next guy's mouth, but as her back was to me and that thought only occurred to me later I probably wouldn't have noticed if she had the extra mouthpieces on her and put in a fresh one as she walked back. I didn't notice anything that looked removable either, but as I said, I never held it and wasn't thinking about that until later.

ThinClient

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2013
Wow, I'd have complained to the cops right there having seen that, then complained to the city and gone to a news agency to get people wired up about that if I were there.

Completely unsanitary, carelessly negligent, people who aren't law enforcement being involved, potential of spreading serious diseases, potential of creating an outbreak or pandemic, police supporting special interest fund raising groups, the list would be huge.

You could have been rich, man. :)

Last edited:

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Wow, I'd have complained to the cops right there having seen that, then complained to the city and gone to a news agency to get people wired up about that if I were there.

Completely unsanitary, carelessly negligent, people who aren't law enforcement being involved, potential of spreading serious diseases, potential of creating an outbreak or pandemic, police supporting special interest fund raising groups, the list would be huge.

You could have been rich, man. :)
LOL Yeah, I'm sure that's how it would have gone.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
At first, I was thinking no way the parrot's testimony would be admissible in court, but then I lol'd at story.

Ventanni

Golden Member
Jul 25, 2011

I cant...stop...laughing...hahahahahaha.