Drunk Driver

2Xtreme21

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2004
What time do I see this drunk driver? Do I have anywhere to be? How drunk am I?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
1) get a significant distance between myself and the drunk driver
2) call the cops and report a driver who seems obviously impaired driving a (car description) on (last known location)

KarmaPolice

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
I was coming home from the bar tonight with a friend. I saw someone who looked like they were drunk(swirving all over, in the middle of the road and such). I called the police and told them where they were headed and where they turned off of. I have a friend who died when drinking and driving and I dont support it. I am ok with people having a few drinks..heck going over the .08 limit is not a big deal...i know people who can go over the limit and be ok...but when you are obviously impaired that much its not right.

After calling have second thoughts tho. I wish the cops would call you back and tell you if anything happened...

Alone

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2006
Call the police. If it were only him who was at risk, I would let him be. But risking the lives of innocents is not acceptable.

KarmaPolice

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
Originally posted by: postmortemIA
so do you call your local police, or 911?

i dont know the number of the police so i called 911 who connected me with the police in the area

Insomniator

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
Honestly, I'd like to report an obvious drunk driver but 95% of drivers on the road could be considered obviously drunk by the way they drive so I never know.

Vidda

Sep 29, 2004
Maybe there's an exception if it's a friend. But then I'd do everything in my power to try to contact him/her and pull them over.

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
Step 1. GTF away from drunk driver after writing license plate number down.
Step 2. Call cops with general location, description of driving pattern, make of car.
Step 3. Get home, hug your SO, pet, whatever, and be glad that you potentially allowed another non-intoxicated individual to also get home and do the same without getting killed by a drunk.

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
throw a brick at their truck

<-- have called the cops on drunk driver before

Jun 19, 2004
My son and I went to the grocery store the other night. When we came out there was a car parked next to us with two young guys in the front and three small children in the back. The passenger was going into the store (he seemed pretty messed up) and the guy driving stood up out of the car and started shouting "I'll wait out here! I ain't got no shirt or shoes on man! They ain't gonna service me!".

As my son and I walk up the guy almost hits me as he staggers back. I look at the three small kids in the back and they looked frightened beyond belief.

The driver has one of those tall can energy/alcohol drinks in his hand ("sparks" IIRC) and almost spilled it trying to get back in the car.

Granted he wasn't driving right then, but odds are he was going to, and even if he let his friend drive, the friend didn't seem any better.

As soon as we got in the 4runner I called the cops (well, called my brother, he was on duty at the time) and the drunk guy even waved bye to me as I'm giving my brother his description and location.

My brother waited for them to pull out of the parking lot first so e could charge him with DUI instead of being parked and getting nothing more than open container.