Drunk cop beat man, locks him in closet for 4 days

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ps-locked-closet-4-days-22m-article-1.2657218

http://www.cleveland.com/court-justice/index.ssf/2016/06/east_cleveland_cop_locked_inno.html

Yup, yet another bad apple. Cop was out drinking at bar, then pulls over innocent man, claims he had drugs, tore up his car trying to find them, beats the innocent man while another cop watches, charges with drug possession without finding any drugs, then take him to the police dept and lock him in a closet for 4 days.

He was just awarded $22 million by a jury for this.

So while a cop beats an innocent man, another cop stands and watches, nothing is done, he doesn't' stop him or report him. Why isn't he charged as well? He is complicit in covering up a crimes too.

Judge threw out the charges since there was no evidence. Shocking.

Best part? You guessed it. NO cops were punished, no criminal charges filed against either cop.

Perhaps the cop apologists can explain how a cop can stand by and watch another cop beat a man, and not stop him? Or they could explain how why both cops aren't charged with multiple crimes and in jail for this?

Kind of hard to claim few bad apples when the system protects bad cops like this right? I mean a drunk cop (so DUI) beats a man (assault), and locks him in a closet (false imprisonment) for 4 days.

That seems like criminal activity to me, but I'm obviously not a cop.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
didn't read the article so i'll go on trust here, but that is so fucked up. i really missed the ball by not becoming a cop when i was younger. to be able to literally get away with breaking the law is a bonus. :p

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
The really fucked up part is he will probably be lucky to see even a fraction of that money. They will appeal until they can't appeal anymore and then outright refuse to pay it until the poor guy has a lawyer take it far enough up the court system to force them to pay.

And yeah, no surprise that the cops weren't charged with crimes. Unfortunately that is very often how the system works.