Drunk Admits Driving on '20 Beers at Most'

Spooner

Lifer
Jan 16, 2000
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=757&e=1&u=/nm/20030728/od_nm/drunk_dc

BERLIN (Reuters) - An inebriated German driver's honesty cost him his license after he told police he had drunk "20 beers at most," authorities said Monday.

During a routine traffic check in the western city of Essen, police asked if the 25-year-old man had drunk anything. He answered: "Twenty beers at most if you want me to be perfectly honest, officer. But that's it, really."

Police carried out a breath test, confirming the man's claims, and confiscated his license. "I've no idea why he told them," said Raymund Sandach, a spokesman for Essen police. "Maybe because he was drunk."

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
<= :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Germans can hold their liquor. Holy crap that is near death! I would be in toxic shock after 2 six-packs. But I guess that all depends on the time span.

Well Cheers to him and I hope he finds a liver and kidney transplant soon.

Spooner

Lifer
Jan 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Regs
Germans can hold their liquor. Holy crap that is near death! I would be in toxic shock after 2 six-packs. But I guess that all depends on the time span.
Naaah, I've done 20 beers multiple time... "near death" is a bit dramatic. Ability to drive? Yeah, don't think so

damiano

Platinum Member
May 29, 2002
Originally posted by: Spooner
Naaah, I've done 20 beers multiple time... "near death" is a bit dramatic. Ability to drive? Yeah, don't think so

twenty beers is ok
a german friend of mine could have 40 to 45 cans of light beer :Q

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001

Yup, back in my younger days I could polish off a case a night and even have some room for some rum and cokes afterwards

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: damiano

twenty beers is ok
a german friend of mine could have 40 to 45 cans of light beer :Q
Ugh.....that's like four gallons of beer. :confused:

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
A german guy was an exchange student at my wife's college. That dude drank like a fish. He was a pretty small guy, ~5'9" and maybe a buck fiddy in weight. Ran cross country. That SOB could put down a case easily by himself and still seem perfectly sober.

:confused:

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
After drinking 4 I get a little light headed and somewhat loose. But that only lasts 30 minutes after drinking them. So I guess it would take at least 8 beers just to get me somewhat hammerd.