drugs consumed my life... i want it back.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tranceport

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
www.thesystemsengineer.com
In all honesty. Wash your hands of it all. For personal saftey I think you did the right thing of posting it on the internet. Don't think that everyone doesn't already know what you do. Just because you haven't had to deal with it in courts etc. Although the suppliers are only keeping tabs on you if you mess up I'm sure they will handle it. Your well being won't be in their best intrests. Stay safe. Watch your back. Try to help your friends. Stay clean. Fly right.

I don't know jack!
Don't listen to me!

chrisms

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2003
Its just weed, man. Grow your own stash and be happy, and don't blame drugs for your problems. Its your own damn fault for trying to pimp Mary Jane after she had already given you so much. You don't deserve her sweet sweet love.

This post was meant for pity, and if you crave people's pity, well then I think you have more problems than you realize. Temporarily being a pot dealer does not mean you've been through hard times and deserve respect, it means you are a dumbass.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: jooksing
Don't get high on your own supply. :D

interesting read, thanks.

That was my motto in college.:D When I was in college I was dealing approximately 10 lbs a week. Finally one day I knew it was time to grow up and take responsibility for my actions. The only way I got off drugs was to alienate my pothead buddies and start fresh.

Sysadmin

Maverick

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
I say get the hell outta dodge and start your life somewhere else. You went to college and hopefully got a degree. Go put it to good use and leave everyone else behind.

OrganizedChaos

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2002
i shed a few tears reading this, very well written. brings back memories of dead friends and days i wish that had never happend.

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Originally posted by: chrisms
Its just weed, man. Grow your own stash and be happy, and don't blame drugs for your problems. Its your own damn fault for trying to pimp Mary Jane after she had already given you so much. You don't deserve her sweet sweet love.

This post was meant for pity, and if you crave people's pity, well then I think you have more problems than you realize. Temporarily being a pot dealer does not mean you've been through hard times and deserve respect, it means you are a dumbass.

rolleye.gif

RU482

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
I really liked your story

It's a good thing you had that reality check and got out of the game. Amazing how predatory of a game it is (buyers and dealers hunting you down)

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Drugs will break up the best of friendships, and you can't trust anyone... Your story brings me back to college when my roomate and I were kicked out of the dorm and put on the street... we didn't have electricity, hot water, phone, or food in this shthole of a place for 2 months... we maxed out our credit cards just to put up the amount of money for the sec deposit, then sold drugs to pay the rent and eat. I got out earlier than my roomate, like u did, and sure enough one of his friends was NARC'd, phone lines tapped, the whole 9 yards. His friend had to NARC one of his friends to drop the felony (he had 5 lbs of weed and a sheet of 'cid).

Congrats on recognizing that dealing drugs is a dead end street, and that noone's untouchable. Anyone can be touched at any time, just remember that... waking up every time you hear police sirens and thinking "this is it" is NOT a way to live... hit the books, get the degree, get the job, and just maybe you'll make it. Peace.

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
just like to say i think what you're doing takes more willpower than some people seem to realize, no matter how someone might judge what you've done. i think you've done the right thing stopping both smoking and selling. although i think that a little smoking won't hurt most people, anything in excess is bad, and you were certainly doing it in excess. it was only a matter of time until you got busted.

not to alarm you, but:

if i were you, i would move away, now, and drop ALL your friends. explain to them what you're doing if you want, but don't tell them where you're going. maybe don't even tell your parents where you are going. you really have to start fresh from the ground up. the reason is if any of your friends or if your suppliers get busted, you are going to be pointed to as the narc, and if you already know the suppliers are "keeping tabs on you" then you know you're putting your safety in their hands and their risk is your risk, even if you're no longer dealing for them. you don't want to get shot because someone else got arrested. get out of the area now and hope that they stay afloat for a few months and forget about you. not to mention if some high schooler gets busted for possesion and freaks and tells the cops everything he knows, you could still be mentioned, since obviously word isn't getting around. you might not get busted on possesion, but if they nail the whole group, you'll go down, too, on the strengh of all their testimonies (and they will testify against you). maybe there's other reasons to stay or things i'm not taking into consideration because i've never been in your situation, but as an "outsider" looking at your situation, i'd be seriously paranoid right now.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
I thought this was a "McDonalds got me fat" knock off thread. Sue the farmers of poppy.

bradruth

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Stay away from that stuff or you'll end up meeting some of the guys I know from the GFPD Regional Narcotics Task force. Trust me, you don't want to deal with them. If your friends try to pull you back in, turn them in to the Fargo PD. They work in conjunction with the Task Force & SET, and they'll be taken down sooner rather than later.

ed21x

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Regs
I thought this was a "McDonalds got me fat" knock off thread. Sue the farmers of poppy.

Unless McDonald's food chemically upset the balance of Sodium gated ligand channals in your brain (re. it binds to Acetylchlorinesterase, a neurotransmitter inhibitor), therebye causing your body to depend on it for normal neural activity, then I don't see how there can be any parallels between one and the other. One is an addiction, the other is just a craving. You won't feel pain after McDonald's withdrawal. The drug has everything to do with it.

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Tabb
Originally posted by: chrisms

rolleye.gif

What did he say that was wrong? I'd tend to agree with him. The last paragraph anyway.

I used to smoke a ton of weed. Never was stupid enough to start selling though. The risk of getting pinched and how screwed you are if it happens just isn't worth it. It happened to two of my friends who did sell and they got worked over.

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
At least you are still alive. Can't say the same about my brother :(