Drooling

urvile

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2017
Anyone else experienced it? I am not talking about a heavily medicated or otherwise retarded drooling episode.

I mean you are watching a particularly engrossing episode of keeping up with the kardashians and you just start drooling on yourself.

Sometimes I find my self reading anadtech politics and news and and a similar phenomenon occurring.

Reactions: pete6032

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
I drool at work I drool at play I drool on my shirt I drool all day.

What am I

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Anyone else experienced it? I am not talking about a heavily medicated or otherwise retarded drooling episode.

I mean you are watching a particularly engrossing episode of keeping up with the kardashians and you just start drooling on yourself.

Sometimes I find my self reading anadtech politics and news and and a similar phenomenon occurring.
I use a bucket. Keeps my beard dry.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
No, because I keep my mouth closed when I'm not talking since I'm not a caveman.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
I drool sometimes sleeping, cause I'll wake up and my pillow is a bit wet. Well, when I slept on my side I did but I haven't noticed it now that I've switched to back sleeping cause my back is fuct.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
I drool sometimes sleeping, cause I'll wake up and my pillow is a bit wet. Well, when I slept on my side I did but I haven't noticed it now that I've switched to back sleeping cause my back is fuct.

That isn't drool, I won't tell you how I know so you are just going to have to trust me.

bradly1101

Diamond Member
May 5, 2013
www.bradlygsmith.org
There is an excess of saliva that no one is addressing. I've only seen this phenomenon in men, and when they spit on the sidewalk my wheels pick it up, it gets on my hands, and on from there. What is needed are desiccant packs for the mouth, but do not eat.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Can't say I've ever drooled when conscious. But there are the oddball time I wake up and may have drooled a little bit.

I did run into oddball incidents where I can spray a stream of saliva a decent distance if my mouth is open a certain way during a yawn. I don't know how to actually reproduce it or force it to happen - not that I'd want to. It just kinda happens on it's own while yawning. Always catches me (and my monitor) by surprise when it happens. I'm more careful now I try to force my mouth closed when yawning, even if it does not close, the act of forcing it prevents it from happening.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
I did run into oddball incidents where I can spray a stream of saliva a decent distance if my mouth is open a certain way during a yawn.
This is truly something you should have kept to yourself. :eek:

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Can't say I've ever drooled when conscious. But there are the oddball time I wake up and may have drooled a little bit.

I did run into oddball incidents where I can spray a stream of saliva a decent distance if my mouth is open a certain way during a yawn.
I did know someone in high school who could do that at will.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005

I did run into oddball incidents where I can spray a stream of saliva a decent distance if my mouth is open a certain way during a yawn. I don't know how to actually reproduce it or force it to happen - not that I'd want to. It just kinda happens on it's own while yawning. Always catches me (and my monitor) by surprise when it happens. I'm more careful now I try to force my mouth closed when yawning, even if it does not close, the act of forcing it prevents it from happening.

Same here on the spray. It happens randomly, and whenever it happens in meetings I hope nobody sees it.